Introductions

Options
Hi all :) I thought we could use a thread so we can introduce ourselves! I'm Sarah, 29 years old from ipswich uk and I have a 3 year old boy called Brody and a 2 year old girl called Sofia. I'm currently a stay at home mum/freelance graphic designer and illustrator which is why I struggle so much with my weight at the moment! Being stuck at home all the time makes it so hard to stay out of the fridge! Lol. I'm getting married to my soulmate kyle at the end of this year and would like to lose 50lbs so I can start feeling myself again.

Replies

• metamorphmama
    metamorphmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I'm a 35 year old teacher with a 5 year old son and a 14 month old son. I am struggling to get the weight off from my last pregnancy. However, I have always struggled to actually achieve my goal weight.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kimberly. 32 yr old Mom to 6 boys ages 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, and 3. Last June I was 162 pounds at 5 ft tall. I've lost 30 since then eating paleo/primal/low carb ish. Exercise is really hard in alasla during the winter, and I have zero time to do it. Trying to eat healthy and hope that helps at least maintain until weather warms up enough to walk/run everyday.
  • marymason78
    marymason78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, I am currently a SAHM of a 13 yo, 11 yo and 5 month old. I was 210 and am now at 180. The scale hasn't budged since the holidays. I want to exercise but my baby is constantly clinging to it's difficult to get anything done, so I don't workout.
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Carmen. I am a Probation Officer. I have a six year old daughter and a two year old daughter (going through the full blown terrible twos) I've just been able to start back up with eating healthy and exercising. I lost about 50lbs after my first daughter but gained it all back after my second. I'm in the middle of losing it now.

@marymason78 I understand the feeling. The other day I was working out and my two year old insisted on holding my hand the entire time. And when I had to lay down for sit ups, she sat on my belly.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jane, located in West Sussex in the UK and first time mum to my lovely 9 week old Alistair. I'm not massively overweight but I'm small (5ft in heels!!) and I was well on the way to my target - then got pregnant and ended up right back where I started :( I've belatedly been signed fit to exercise by my doctor so it's time to try to find the time during the day to workout. And the workouts enable me to eat the kind of food that I enjoy :). Looking forward to this journey with you all.
  • squidgysam
    squidgysam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sam. I'm a teacher too (3 days p/week). I have always been active and don't struggle too much with the exercise but could do more as am limited to 3 days p/week where I can get outand exercise due to hubby's shifts. I have never found exercise that helpful in shifting weight, that has always needed a very strict eye on my food intake. Need to log EVERYTHING. I'm super good on work days, nibble a bit too often on days off, and treat myself to takeaway at the weekend. I spend the whole week trying to claw back weekend damage. I am finding weight fluctuations massive at the moment. I'm 5ft 3 and at my slimmest was 10 st 1! Still overweight (and was at gym 5 x per week for that). I'm now 10st 8 and want to be 9st 12. Just started new medication and not sure if this is making it more difficult to lose. Sorry for the long post. X
  • squidgysam
    Options
    Sorry...got a 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl. Is there a quick way to find this group? At the moment I am going through the link posted on the original community page (which will soon be quite a few pages in). Have tried to bookmark this part but is telling me I have no bookmarks.
  • janetay01
    Options
    squidgysam - now that you have posted in a group, if you go to 'community' then click on 'groups' it will list this under the heading of 'my groups'.
    And welcome to the group :)
  • squidgysam
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    squidgysam - now that you have posted in a group, if you go to 'community' then click on 'groups' it will list this under the heading of 'my groups'.
    And welcome to the group :)

Brilliant! Found it. Thanks x
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Anna, im 31 years old and im from Northern Ireland. Im mummy to a little girl called Aíne who is 7 years old and a little boy called Ronan who is 4 years old.

I work as a youth worker and im currently studying my BA (Honours) degree in Childhood and Youth studies!

I started my weight loss journey April 2013 at 181lbs. I was so unhappy in my own skin I knew I needed to do something! So here I am...128lbs and aiming for 112lbs! Im in no rush to get this off ..my moto is 'slow and steady wins the race'...although I would be happy to reach this goal some time close to Christmas ☆

Thanks for adding me to the group :blush:
  • crys_todd
    crys_todd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm Crystal. I'm a 32 year old RN. I'm currently only working part time to be home more with my littles. I have a 9 month old son and a 3 year old daughter.
    Before getting pregnant with my daughter I had lost 165 lbs but 3 years and two pregnancies later I gained 100 lbs of that back. Sooooo now I'm back on the wagon.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • sozzlebot
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey April 2013 at 181lbs. I was so unhappy in my own skin I knew I needed to do something! So here I am...128lbs and aiming for 112lbs! Im in no rush to get this off ..my moto is 'slow and steady wins the race'...although I would be happy to reach this goal some time close to Christmas ☆

Thanks for adding me to the group :blush:

This is really inspiring, I only started 3 weeks ago but I feel like something has clicked and for the first time I'm in it for the long haul. I have about the same to lose as you already have so it's great to have someone in the group that has been there and done that!

Welcome to the group ladies! :)
  • alibububs
    alibububs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Alison, I live in East London. I have a 5 year old boy and a 14month old girl.
    I was previously a member of slimming world and did fantastic with the group support I lost 41/2 stone before becoming pregnant again, I rejoined after she was born but since going back to work in September I am unable to attend group and collect children etc, so I joined mfp to try and help myself. I am aiming to lose about 2 stone to get back to my pre-baby body.
    So far I have not done as well as I would hope but fingers X being part of this group with all you inspiring people will help me get motivated and in the zone.

Look forward to get to know you all and revel in our success! ;)
  • sozzlebot
    Options
    Hi Alison! I also had some success with slimming world too back in 2013, but like you I struggled to get back to meetings! Welcome to the group, and good luck with getting that pre baby body back, WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi there im Jenn! I live in canada and have a 5 year old girl and a 1 and a half year old boy. after my daughter i lost 55 lbs but was still bout 20 away from goal. then i got pregnant. im currently just 5 lb away from pre pregnancy weight and am hoping to finally make it to goal! ive struggled with my weight since after high school. does any one know how many lbs are in a stone? lol not used to that conversion!
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @jenncornelsen‌ I had to google search it, I was wondering as well
    1 Stone = 14 Pounds
  • squidgysam
    Options
    Hi all. Like this group already. It is making me use MFP more consistently. I'm happy to record weight in lbs as that seems to be how most people do it. I'm 10st 8 at the moment (148lb) hoping to get to 9st 11 fish (137lb ???).
  • janetay01
    Options
    I'm currently 133lbs (down 17lbs from my highest weight whilst pregnant) and hoping to get to somewhere around 115lbs. However, just as focussed on getting fit and healthy as the number on the scale.
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 33 from Glasgow, Scotland and mum to a 7 month old boy. Before I got pregnant I was a bit of a cardio bunny and my weight yo-yo'd between 140 and 154 which although not horrendous every pound shows when you are 5'4. I joined a bootcamp style class when my son was 14 weeks old and have got down from 182 to 153 - with about 14-16 pounds to go! Go back to work in 12 weeks full time so am worried about fitting everything in, although also kind of hoping to be at goal weight then too!
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sarah. I'm married, 34, and a mom to 3 kids. Ages 10, 5 and 3. I live outside of Dallas, but plan to move back to Washington state within a year.

I have struggled with my weight since I was 10, but have been obese for the last 12-13 years. I have a good 60-70 lbs to lose.

What got me finally serious about shedding the extra weight is when I realized I was setting a poor example to my kids. Also, I wasn't feeding them the most nutritious foods. I could do better and they deserve better.

I am in the beginning stages of my journey to health. I track my food here and have started going to the gym. This group sounds like a fun way to meet other women who have the same goals as I do: being a healthy and happy mom, living life to the fullest.