Daily Report 2015-02-24

Options
Morning Everyone,

I made sure I had my lunch ready last night so I wouldn't have to worry about it this morning. I have some yummy leftovers from dinner, cheese and crackers, and an apple and I plan to do the same tonight with the stir fry I have planned. Hopefully it will get warm down here soon, cause I really REALLY want to go running. I did my 15min. workout this morning and one of my fat cats decided to help by sitting on my back while I was holding my plank for a minute. Thank goodness it was the last minute of my 15 or I would have had to cut my workout short so I could give her loves.

I'm stuck on whether I want to do zumba again tonight or if I should do some more strength training. I'm really enjoying those zumba videos, but also want to keep using my weights. I think what I might do is another 15min. circuit workout this afternoon and 45min. of zumba, that way I will have done a full 30min. of strength training and I can still do a full zumba workout. My husband got up and did the intro with me last night, he was mainly goofing around but it still made it more fun.

Well I can't wait to hear about everyone elses day. Stay strong ladies, we can do this :wink:!

Replies

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I think what I might do is another 15min. circuit workout this afternoon and 45min. of zumba, that way I will have done a full 30min. of strength training and I can still do a full zumba workout. My husband got up and did the intro with me last night, he was mainly goofing around but it still made it more fun.
    !

Sounds like a good plan.
    Yesterday, my boyfriend also joined me for my aerobic session. It's great to do it with someone else, it helps and motivates.

I'm also eager to hear about everybodies day !
  • ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a bit discouraged today. I know that it's normal to gain some weight when strength training but it still kinda twinges when the scale goes up. I think I'm doing ok toning wise and I know I'm getting stronger but still want to keep my weight steady or lose some.
  • nanavickig
    nanavickig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @ElisonJade how long have you been dieting, how much have you lost so far and how often are you weighing yourself? I am the same as you, it really gets me down if i gain even though i know it is only water weight (unless ive been really naughty!) I used to weigh daily but i found it so frustrating and demotivating that i would often just give up and binge!! Please dont do that!! Celebrate other successes like sticking to your diet each day and achieving your exercise goals, if you keep going you will lose that weight again. Dont depend on the scales to give you your reward, they tell a very deceptive story!! Keep smiling and stay strong!! Xxx
  • ElisionJade
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't consider myself to be dieting as such really just trying to eat healthier which is an ongoing process cutting out sugars and processed food and eating more fresh food. At first I lost a few pounds but then started working out again and gained it all back plus some. Don't get me wrong I'm within recommended guidelines (I'm 5'8 and weigh 145 now) but would really like to tone up and get back to around 135-140. I don't weigh that often usually weekly. Next week is another day I suppose. Lol
  • ShandaMSanders
    ShandaMSanders Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @ElisonJade has there been a change in the fit of your clothes? For me, the number on the scale hasn't moved in about a week and a half, BUT my clothes are fitting differently - looser, less constricting and I'm noticing that my shape is changing (not just round :smile: but with a few curves in the right places). Also, I'm able to do my 30 minutes in the morning without stopping to catch my breath every 5 to 7 minutes - do you have other markers, besides the scales, that tell you what you're doing is working?
  • ElisionJade
    Options
    Other than overall strength and muscles being sore not really any changes just yet but only been at this new routine about a week. My back is definitely stronger as it doesn't hurt as much. No real change to my clothes yet but hopefully it's just a matter of time. Just have to keep going!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @ElisionJade as others have said, the scale isn't always the most reliable source of measurement but sometimes measuring ourselves isn't very reliable either. Sometimes we have to ignore the scales and tape measurers and go by how we feel. And right now it sounds like you're feeling pretty good, pretty strong and I would be happy with that no matter what my scale said.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi everybody !

Really good day for me today.

-25 minutes lower body strenght
    -20 minutes abs
    -60 minutes yoga
    -60 minutes playing guitar

I too can get angry at the scale, although we KNOW it's not the best mesurement, still we care so much about that number.

But what I notice personnaly when I'm working out is that usually my weight is my reason for getting into it... but then, other things comes up. Like I'm always amazed how fast our bodies react, how fast you make progress, you get stronger, you run longuer, faster. I try to be thankful to that machine cause we so often dont take care of it as much as we should yet, it's there when you push it, it adapts so well, so fast.

Then also, after a while I see new goals appears like, "oh I want to do X pushups on my toes", "I want to do a handstand without walls" etc... The more I get in shape the less I care about my weight.

Lets all keep up the good work ! You are all amazing and I'm proud of us !
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! I met my goals today and can only hope for improvements to follow. As you discussed, it is NOT all about the scale but with the determination to keep going, we hope to see success!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Finally home and have some dinner. A lot of good advice and motivation here. I was able to do 25 min of strength training and 25 min of elliptical. My broccoli has sprouted already. I was having a bit of trouble with my back yesterday and this morning (holding, lifting and laying down little ones does a number on me still) but feeling better after exercising. (my back was the reason I quit exercising and gained weight) A good doctor got me back on track 6 months ago and I have been doing so much better. Have a great evening and morning since I think all of you are up way before me.

Alisa
  • nanavickig
    Options
    @ElisionJade‌ i think you hit the nail on the head yourself, 1 week is no time at, it is just a matter of time, keep doing what you're doing, you will get results in a few more weeks i am sure!! X
  • nanavickig
    Options
    And i forgot to mention i had a good day, achieved all my goals except reading 20 pages, i didnt have time during the day, was going to read in bed but fell asleep with book in hand!!