How much can you eat in a meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Today I was sure I could eat a whole 3 egg ham & cheese omelet from Perkins, only to be very full before I even ate half of it. My significant other is joking that he will end up putting on as much weight as I take off just from eating my left overs. I told him my eyes are bigger than my stomach-- possibly literally :)
    I know my stomach is much smaller and yet I don't think my brain fully understands that and it still thinks it can eat the regular portions. The reality is, I seem to have a hard time getting in more than 3-5 oz per meal at the most. I am only 3 mos out, but shouldn't I be able to eat more like 6-8 oz now?
    I am normal wt for ht now and I stick to 3-5 oz. That meal would be too many calories for me. At 800-900 cals a day during wt loss phase that would have been more than half my cals for the day. Most of my meals are 6-8 bites. breakfast for me is 4 strips of bacon or 2 strip 1 egg. I just eat kids meals or apps at restaurants

• JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can only eat 2 oz. of protein - meat/fish at a time, 1 egg or 1 oz. of cheese. I will hit 4 months out this weekend and can still only add literally one to two bites of vegetables to my meal. I make my protein goal of 60-70 grams a day everyday but i usually drink a Premier protein drink 30 grams of protein for my afternoon snack.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    - Do not rely on restriction! Decide the volume you think you should eat, eat it and stop. If you feel overly full, lower the amount next time. If you think you are still hungry, add to it next time. The idea is to be satisfied without your stomach actually hurting or being uncomfortable. The sleeve lets you stop in a way you probably could not before. From now on, use your brain not your stomach to decide how much volume to eat. It drives me crazy to see posts where someone says they are surprised they could eat a whole 6 inch sub and their stomach did not stop them - if you didnt think you could eat the whole thing, or should eat the whole thing, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TRY?! You dont say you have a 6oz stomach, shove 7 oz in there and then be surprised! You eat 6 oz and QUIT. Decide for your next meal if the volume was appropriate.

I love this! Reading this really reminded me that my focus should be on what I NEED to eat, rather than what I CAN eat.