Low carb monitoring issue

Options
Hi,

I have a Charge HR and I am currently following a Keto plan.

The MFP food database in a South African context is way superior than Fitbit so ideally want to use it.

Problem I am having where calorie adjustment info is passed between Fitbit and MFP, I have read somewhere that you cannot stop it happening.

I really don't want Fitbit / MFP doing calorie adjustments for me based on activity but want to use the food database.

Anyone else been faced with this and worked out a ''work around"

Thanks in advance
Russ

Replies

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't think there will be a work around, as the point of linking your fitbit to MFP is that fitbit measures your activity and adjusts your MFP diary accordingly.

The only way to do it if you don't want the adjustments is to unlink the two. Then just use MFP to log food an fitbit to monitor your activity.
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to the level that gives me the closest to what my fitbit says ( I monitered for a few days) So normally I am burning around 1800 calories a day, lightly active is very close to that here. I set my calories to eat at 1300 (500 less) and because the two are so close, if it adds extra calories to my fitness pal, it is because I really earned them. I also eat Keto and it hasn't done anything as I had to adjust my percentages to reflect low carb.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    FitbitFogg wrote: »
    I have a Charge HR and I am currently following a Keto plan.

The MFP food database in a South African context is way superior than Fitbit so ideally want to use it.

Problem I am having where calorie adjustment info is passed between Fitbit and MFP, I have read somewhere that you cannot stop it happening.

There is no workaround. If you want MFP to send your food to Fitbit, then MFP will give you Fitbit calorie adjustments (which are the difference between your Fitbit burn and your MFP activity level).

The best you can do is ignore them. If you delete them, they'll just come back the next time you sync.