1200 cal a day diets (UK) Friends??

Options

Replies

• hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I started out on 1200 a day (NET - could never survive without all those exercise cals to eat!) and it is tough, so props to you all for doing it!
    I gradually increased after the first two weeks, because I knew I'd start giving up if I tried to stick at 1200. I changed to a 750 cal deficit for a few weeks and am now on a 500 cal deficit giving me 1590 NET a day... which usually equates to 2500+ cals of food after all my exercise! Haha. What can I say... I think my profile pic says it all...
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi...i'm 5ft 3 and also on 1200 a day and from the West Midlands (but living in Amserdam)...feel free to add
  • Mackenzie106
    Mackenzie106 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started on here but previously I lost 42lbs doing 1200 kcals a day so that's what I want to continue with on here.
  • mummy1981
    Options
    Hi... I'm 5ft 3 & I'm on 1200 cal a day.

Some days I have plenty of calories left but then there are some days were I have 10-20 calories left.

I really want to lose 24lbs.

X
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and on 1200 calories a day and I still manage some snacks. My favourite low calorie snack is Tesco mini strawberry splits 37 cals, Add me if you wish.
  • Mo1959
    Mo1959 Posts: 7
    Options
    I live in Southampton and 5` 6 and i am also on 1200 calories, only started again on Friday but so far so good. Feel free to add me
  • Mistymaple
    Mistymaple Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 10 (!!) so on a 1200 cal diet. I've been doing it for 8 weeks now with the NHS 12-week motivation leaflets and lost 4lbs after 6 weeks (haven't weighed since - weighing day is when I visit my parents' home as they have scales!). My aim is to lose another 3lbs to bring my BMI into a more reasonable healthy range rather than teetering on the edge. I'm looking forward to increasing my allowance after I lose the last 3lbs but I'm scared about maintaining rather than gaining again.
    I've been doing pretty well with the 1200 and make sure to include my 60kcal evening Thorntons' chocolate before entering anything else! On the days I go over by a lot, it's mainly because of eating out. I wish that more restaurants put calories on their menu.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm going on 1200kcal as I need to lose 150+ lbs. Would love to make friends with others so I can see what you all eat. Can you add me to your friends list please?
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and on 1200 calories a day, people feel free to add me!
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys
    I'm 5' 6 & initially started on 1200 but can't get my activity level straight. Anyone is welcome to add me & advise :)
    (I'm on 1310 now as exercising 6 days a week)
  • gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 a day and it's ok for me. I had planned to increase to 1400 after the first stone but haven't as I'm feeling ok with it. I eat a treat with leftover cals most evenings, it motivates me to be good (I.e. if I eat that now I won't gave enough cals left for a chocolate digestive tonight)
  • frugalmummy
    frugalmummy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5 foot tall and am also on 1200cals a day. I've lost 5 stone now but I need to get back on track and shift another 1/2 stone. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2" and on 1200 calories a day it is tough some days but it seems to be working. please feel free to add me
  • juekes
    juekes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 1 today, I'm 5ft 3" and on 1200 calls a day also, starving just thinking about what I can't have so being positive, I'll pinch some idea's off you guys, we can do it together! Please feel free to add me, hoping for lots of support.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (on tiptoe) and have been on 1200 a day since Christmas. Actually I'm finding it OK, and have learned to love salad! (Never thought I'd say that!) Occasionally I go over, especially if I go to the pub, but I've always been within my calorie goal for the week, so I think that's fine.

Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    5'10, 279 lbs :* im on 1`200 calories a day, finding it pretty easy and surprisingly not hungry. I still have snacks and can eat more on my workout days :) Happy for FR's from everyone, and would love to snoop diaries for ideas too :)
  • LouiseC1977
    LouiseC1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5' 1" with about 50lb to loose. Ive been on 1200 since the beginning of March and finding it ok. I still have snacks and eat more on my workout days. I'm walking, walking, walking like it's going out of fashion... :smile:

Happy got FRs and diary ideas too :smile:
  • Emmiejayne90
    Options
    So glad Im not alone! :D
  • TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm 20, from Nottingham, and I'm on 1200 calories a day at the moment. I'm short too (5'0"), so I definitely understand! Add me if you like :)
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 29 from the Isle of Man. Currently on 1260cals which I find easy when I do exercise, but do struggle at the weekends, and on non exercise days! Need to be more strict with myself! :)