Well here goes nothing...progress pics of some sort

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
I really don't have a lot of pictures at my highest but these are some that are within 20 lbs or so of my highest. Sorry if the pictures are really huge...if they are too big can someone let me know and I can try to resize them?

fl7lrun146cl.jpg

ttc86uzcioto.jpg

These ones are at about 240 lbs (about 50 lbs lost)...yeah I don't photo well....at all.
sm8mdwpki4sh.jpg

y3nlv75lh25l.jpg

These were taken this morning. At 180 lbs for a total of about 110 lbs gone. The side view shows my chin issue really well. I do have a waist in there somewhere but the bulges above and below hide it pretty well. I was a size 26 in the first picture and the jeans I have on in the last picture are size 12...pretty sure that is a very generous sizing though.

4hh9sndg4zkx.jpgin3xajydf3cb.jpg

Last but not least just because I really like this picture...chin strap on my helmet hides the neck skin.
90w3tmx94pqe.jpg

Ok here goes nothing- going to post them now.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's incredible differences! I know it probably won't help much but have you ever done chin ups? You literally leave your chin in neutral position. then leading with it, lift up, then tuck it back down to your chest. do ten of those each time you go to the bathroom. I got creative and did left and right ones too but a friend on mine swears by it. don't know if it will help but it surely can't hurt. :)
  • wennim
    Options
    I am willing to try anything. I have a couple of large thyroid nodules so my neck will always be thicker but if I could tighten up that skin on the chin I would feel so much better. :(
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    You look awesome! How long did it take you? You should post on the Success Stories page if you haven't done so already.
  • wennim
    Options
    I started at around 295 in early February 2014. I broke my ankle and it was still healing at the time so it wasn't very fast at first. I still have a ways to go to be at what is considered a "healthy weight" but its a start.
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!
    :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Healthy weight? LMFAO. I still have 20 pounds to go before I'm out of Morbidly Obese to just Obese. You're rocking it, Wendy! Let's work on banishing that self doubt. Most of last year was spent on the mental/emotional side for me. Looks where that is where you might want to focus your next "push." :)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have made it out of morbidly obese (dont kick me out) but I am still 79lb from 'normal' dont sweat it. Right now my GOAL weight is still overweight. But I will re evaluate my plans once I am closer
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Great job Lise!!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Awesome, Lise! So proud of you. That has to be awesome! And just remember, since you're getting all buff and stuff, you may never "fit" in the the normal category that is so outdated. Most body builders don't! :)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I think for a lot of us the BMI is not an accurate enough tool to be worrying about it. I used to be a good size at 'overweight' simply because I have legs like small redwoods and quite broad shoulders from years of nursing and kickboxing. I think 'look' is more important than numbers
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    And "FEEL" is more important than (almost) any number in my book (blood work numbers excepted!)! If you feel great and have health, some numbers don't matter. Health numbers matter. Clothing size and scales, to me they don't matter. :)
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Great work, the images really show your progress. I always love the difference it makes in peoples faces.

Keep it up.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congrats to you
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inspirational story and pictures. TBH, I thought you had some chin in the first pics (I do). I think you look a hundred percent better now, and I can see the shape of your face, and it's lovely. Now, the best thing you can do for skin is just get enough vitamins and oils, and it will tighten with time.