5'9 Success Pictures?

Options
veggiehottie
veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
Hi Guys!

I am probably one of the shorter people in this group since I am only 5'9. :)

Have any of you fellow "shorties" hit your goal weight? What was it? Care to share your before/after pictures?

I am aiming for 145... a little less than 20 to go, but am in major need of some inspiration!

Replies

• namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am a "small" one on here too - same height as you. Sadly, I have yet to take an updated pic but the profile pic is about where you started weight-wise LOL I don't think I will ever get to your size with my bone structure
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and so far away from my goal that it isn't even funny!

I'll post when I get there :)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Good luck!

Namluv, you look great at that weight!!! Bone structure does play a big part. I am small/medium framed and did not look healthy when I was there.

I have been stuck in the 160s for some time now. Not sure if my body wants to go any lower. :(
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I didn't have too much to lose and I never took a before pic, but you can see the after in my profile pic. I'm also 5' 9" and the pic was taken at 126. I lost 22 pounds.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'10" just 1" taller and I looked very very thin at 165! My goal is 170. I have a large frame though. Have you measured your wrist to figure out what your frame is? ( small med or large) because If you are large framed, maybe your body doesn't need to be much lower than where it is now??
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am 5'10" my goal is 155-165. I have been as low as 150 but I was not doing any strength training. Only Running.
    Right now I am running and mountain biking with a little hiking and walking mixed in. I try to do weights but so far I've only managed it once every couple weeks. I am training for an adventure race that is in 2 weeks. It's 10 Miles Running/Orienteering, 15 miles mountain biking and 5 kayaking. It has over 11,000 feet elevation change. I am in really good shape right now but I am still hovering around 178-182 lbs every day. I really wanted to be 170-175 on race day sice I am carrying a back pack too. I don't think its gonna happen though. :-)

This was January 2011 at 194.5 lbs
    DSCN45482.jpg

This was July of 2012 175 lbs
    100MEDIA36copy.jpg

I am up about 5 lbs from here but still working on it.
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    You look great! MY goal is 175.
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are really fit! Great job:smile:
  • peachypie1984
    peachypie1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just came across this group in a search for "tall women" haha! I'm 5'10" and 135 lbs, which is my GW! I have been a member of MFP for a while but have been religious about it for the past 2.5 months or so. I had a big cheat over the Easter long weekend and gained a bunch of weight back quickly so to stay at this weight I have to consistently be "good". Right now I'm doing cardio on my TreadClimber and lots of abs (crunches etc etc) and squats with light weights 5 days a week. MFP has me at 1670 calories (before exercise) a day to lose 0.5 lb per week. I was doing 1 lb a week and lost weight fast that way but I couldn't keep up with it especially on the days I didn't work out. I LOVE eating, haha.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 9, I hit my goal weight a few weeks ago, 133lbs! Then I sort of felt like, I have done it now.... And I suppose I have been a bit more relaxed with myself and put on some lbs.

But I have been lifting heavy and trying to gain muscle! My arms are a lot bigger...
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello! 5'9 3/4" tall. I'm around 145 right now. Aiming for 140 but we'll see now that I've taken up heavy lifting...it's all about the inches anyways!

Here are some of my latest pics to give you an idea:

EvernoteCameraRoll20130402190423-1.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg
  • ninjakittens
    ninjakittens Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am 5'10" my goal is 155-165. I have been as low as 150 but I was not doing any strength training. Only Running.
    Right now I am running and mountain biking with a little hiking and walking mixed in. I try to do weights but so far I've only managed it once every couple weeks. I am training for an adventure race that is in 2 weeks. It's 10 Miles Running/Orienteering, 15 miles mountain biking and 5 kayaking. It has over 11,000 feet elevation change. I am in really good shape right now but I am still hovering around 178-182 lbs every day. I really wanted to be 170-175 on race day sice I am carrying a back pack too. I don't think its gonna happen though. :-)

This was January 2011 at 194.5 lbs
    DSCN45482.jpg

This was July of 2012 175 lbs
    100MEDIA36copy.jpg

I am up about 5 lbs from here but still working on it.

Frame size and muscle tone obviously plays a big part. I'm 5'11" and I did not look like you at 175!!! I looked awful and very overweight. Even at 164 I don't look nearly as good as you do! I'll get there maybe in another 10lbs and lots of exercise. Aiming for around 140 with lots of muscle and much less fat!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Hello! 5'9 3/4" tall. I'm around 145 right now. Aiming for 140 but we'll see now that I've taken up heavy lifting...it's all about the inches anyways!

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Wow! You're pretty much the same height/weight as me but sooo much skinnier! Do you lift and do you know your % body fat?
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Wow! You're pretty much the same height/weight as me but sooo much skinnier! Do you lift and do you know your % body fat?

I do lift (3 days a week, but I've been slacking this month). Heavy lifts, at least as heavy as I can go. I'm not sure my official BFP, but when I average all the online calculators and different methods of finding yours out via measurements, last I checked it was 20.5%. Again, not sure how accurate that is. Mainly, I walk a lot as a part of my commute, at LEAST 30 mins per day. I don't have a car.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9'. I started at 223 and my goal is between 175-180. I have a very athletic build w/curves at that weight which I like. Anything below 170, I feel to skinny.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 . . . maybe 5'10 on a good day and I started at 340lbs. I don't know exactly what my goal weight will be. I am around 250lbs right now. I feel like if I go to 165 (which my BMI says I should be) I feel like I will be waaaaaay too thin for myself. I think I might like having something on my bones . . . . I don't know. The first stop is onederland for sure though