Sprint Tri-Just Joined MFP

Options
Hey everyone! I just joined MFP and am hoping that this site will help me better prepare for an upcoming sprint triathlon I have registered for in May. This is my first one and I'm really excited about it. I'm hoping to meet other triathletes so as to learn as much as I can. I'm from Texas and also looking to add more friends to my MFP page. Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm from Houston. Beware this is one addictive lifestyle.
  • cguerra1217
    Options
    Hi Scott! Hehe. I hope so. I'm tired of failing at this one aspect of my life, health and fitness. Everything else I have always done so well in. I want to succeed with training for this race and get out of the overweight category, lol. :)
  • dewell2
    dewell2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! As Scott says it is very addictive. I hope to complete my first Olympic this summer. Just remember to have fun. Please feel free to add me and good luck!
  • cguerra1217
    Options
    Hi dewell2! Yes, I'm discovering these new bugs I'm getting...like the bike bug and the pool bug, lol. I haven't got the 'run' bug yet. Hehe. I think that is why I like this. It is fun and challenging in a completely different way for me. :) Thank you! Best of luck to you with your upcoming race as well. :)
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi cguerra, I completed my first Sprint tri in September and did well in it, actually qualified for USA Nationals in the summer for being in top 10%. Started off as a runner with mostly 5Ks and a few halves under my belt but have come to almost enjoy the swimming & biking more as it is SO FUN!!!! Truly an addictive sport. Just bought a brand new bike myself and obsessed with it. There's always something new to buy with this sport as there is 3 sports and not just 1 as typical. I have made some really close friends in the "tri world" and almost everyone is extremely friendly and willing to share their experiences and tips. I am registered & training for two more sprint tris in April & May and then hoping to move up the Olympic distance. I am trying to take it slow with upping my distances to hopefully avoid injury. (prone to running injuries) I wish you the best, sent you a FR so we can encourage one another :)
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome cguerra! Hope your training is going well:) Did my first real tri in 2013 and have been in heaven ever since;) I've worked my way through sprint, Oly and now training for a Half IM distance in October with some other distances sprinkled throughout this summer! It's such a fun sport and such a great group of people to associate with (both in terms of personalities and keeping you motivated to be your best!). Feel free to add me if you want some more Tri Friends:)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    join your local tri club. great way to meet people and get some real first hand advice.