i hate protein shakes.

Options
Need advice with protein shakes please.

Replies

• hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try Unjury protein powder instead. I use it with Crystal light or in Tea instead of Shakes. Unjury is only available on line.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think they're pretty gross too- and a lot of MD's ofc sell thier own brand and really push it on you. I found that for taste, cost and protien content- the best has been GNC Total Lean Shake. The powder is fine- I hate milk so I use almond milk - and cheaper - but sometimes out of lazziness I buy the bottled and that's even better. My best advice is try a few out- and remember that they're not all created the same- look for low sugar, low carb and at least 20 grams of protien per serving.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Kroger? Kroger Carbmaster vanilla milk is great in coffee to make a latte. 11g of protein a cup and only about60 cals. I drink 4 cups a day every day-counts as water.
  • lorigregory50
    lorigregory50 Posts: 14
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use Unjury too. It is a very fine powder that dissolves completely, not gritty at all, and is unflavored so that your shake can taste like whatever fruit or veg you want to use. I use it to cook with too, mix it in with egg muffins or whatever you like.
  • eewb42
    eewb42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein Shakes are good. The vanilla flavor is the best to me. Taste like a vanilla milkshake. You can find these at Sam's Club or Costco.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I also use Kroger Carbmaster Milk, Light Vanilla, but my stores have been out of it for a couple months. Tastes just like regular milk. I trued just the regular vanilla in this brand, but found it too sweet. They also carry a great tasting chocolate milk.

My favorite shake has consistently: Six Star Whey Protein Isolate, Elite Series in Decadent Chocolate. You can find it at WalMart, Meijer and other similar stores. It runs $19.99 but is on sake a lit at buy one, get one half off. I've tried several of the other brand people like on this site, but they weren't for me.

For a change in texture, I mix my shake up, add ice and use a blender or Magic Bullet to make a thick shake or I put it in the freezer for a while until like hard ice cream. If it gets too hard just microwave for a few seconds.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I get tired of the sweet. I use Syntrax Nectar unflavored in Pacific Organic Foods bone broth with salt, pepper, and Tabasco or Sriracha. I can get 29 grams of protein in 8 ounces of liquid.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    eewb42 wrote: »
    Premier Protein Shakes are good. You can find these at Sam's Club or Costco.

they come in strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. each has 30 grams of protein in 11 oz.
  • parksayville
    parksayville Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 a frozen banana to the vanilla pre made Premier Protein shake in a blender and it tastes like a banana milkshake to me. I couldn't drink any type of protein shake on its own.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A trick I learned from Weight Watchers back in the day, blend protein drinks in a blender 1 minute, then add ice or whatever else, and blend one more minute. I think it helps get rid of any grittiness.