Please, introduce yourself and set your goal here

Options
13»

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jane. I'm 45 and didn't worry about weight until I looked up requirements to do a scuba course. Then I realised I needed physical fitness, a bmi less than 30 and asthma to be under control. Bmi is the fail point at the moment though only just.
    Goals are to get to a healthy weight, would like to lose about three stone ( not just the 8 pounds to hit the 30 bmi). Improve my swimming and tennis, I have my first group swim lesson tonight. Plus book on the dive course maybe this summer.
    Also it may be a dream rather than goal but would like my asthma to be at point where I don't need regular reviews anymore. I'm now at the point where I haven't needed meds for it for 18 months and my peak flow is best it's ever been ( think steam baths, swimming and limiting processed foods have helped big time)
  • ShandaMSanders
    ShandaMSanders Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jane! Would love to hear all about your scuba experience - it is on my bucket list once I don't look like a beached whale in a wet suit! :smiley: It is exciting to hear that you have come so far with your asthma in 18 months and I have faith that as you progress you will see even more improvements!

Keep up the good work & look forward to hearing more as your journey progresses!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane,

It's good to have you with us. I hope this group will help you reaching your goals !

Welcome !
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • AnnaNutBread89
    AnnaNutBread89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm a 25 (soon to be 26) year old from California! I'm currently 5'2", 151lbs, started at 160lbs a week ago. My goal is 130lbs.

My goals:
    -Crossfit 3 times a week
    -Cardio (run, Zumba) twice a week
    -eat paleo until March 15 (food challenge at my gym)
  • AnnaNutBread89
    AnnaNutBread89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Whoops, here's my before picture from last week jdlj7oddui2l.jpg
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Wow ! What a lost in a week ! Good job.

It's great to have you here, you have a great plan I like it !
    Don't get discouraged if the loss slows down a little, it would be normal.

I hope to hear more from you and best of luck !
  • Mischelle3836
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole ( older sister to Kris) and I'm 28 yrs. old and 5'4" tall. I know my goal is to get down to 115 lbs. but is more that I want to get healthy so if I don't reach that goal I'll still be happy that I can do the things I want to do. I'm a mother, daughter, sister, and student. I have to beautiful little girls who are one of my many reasons for getting into shape. Both my sister (Kris) and my mom (Shanda) told me about this group and let me know how good its been working for them. As far as working out goes I've been walking around my yard more (11 times around the whole yard is a mile) and have gotten up to two miles to far. I've also started doing Zumba fitness in the mornings with my mom along with Wii fit. I really look forward to sharing this journey with all of you and helping you along with yours as well.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole,

Isabelle, our main group leader, is out this week but she will be very happy to see that our little group is growing ever larger when she gets back. We are all very happy to have you here and very excited to help you achieve your goals.

Can't wait to hear from you in the Daily Reports.

~ Kris
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Hello to all,
    My favorite exercise is to swim. My goal for this year is to swim 365 miles.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Hi Bruce and welcome. I like the crystal clear goal and I wish you the best of luck with it !
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Thanks Isabelle.
    What river is in your profile pic?
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    I'm in Québec, Canada. This river is called "Richelieu".
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Lots of people go there to kayak. How about your picture ? Where is it ?
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Chattooga river, separates the State of South Carolina from Georgia.
    This was also the river the movie Deliverance was filmed at.