Motivational pictures

Options
2»

Replies

• MommaKit79
    Options
    Sorry if these are too big. I am 6'2"...It has been slow but since August have added in some strength training. I have gone from about 260 in August 2011 to about 211 now. I dont have my pictures at the moment but, I will post when I can.

GOOD LUCK!!!

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s362/KitDave613/ComparisionPhotosJan-Dec12LEFT.jpg

ETA: just added the link to my pictures because they wont post correctly.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    These posts are all awesome! I'm bumping because I desperately need motivation. I am 5'10" and 222 lb. 232 was my heaviest, and I have bounced non stop between 232 and 211 about three or four times in the last two and a half years.

It's super hard also because I have a back injury, and when I lose weight it makes everything easier and less painful, but it's so hard to get up and fight through the process of LOSING the weight to get that pain-free point. I also suffer with pretty bad depression which is controlled mostly, but makes it really hard sometimes to look at the positives when everything feels negative.

It also is hard that I never see success stories from people of my height/shape, if that makes sense? I am an hourglass apple - From the front I have an hourglass figure, but from the side i'm as wide as from the front, if that makes sense? I also have a yucky mega belly overhang over my pants which is my least favourite thing about my body. I see all these success stories and I just think things like "ugh, this person has lost 25lb and looks awesome. I lose 25lb and can't even tell..." and things like that, and get really bitter and negative about it. I try not to, but It happens.

So it would be awesome to see some before/after/during shots of ladies my own height, and shape if you are! Or just any, because seeing other peoples' progress motivates me big time!

Sorry this has been whingy!
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    These posts are all awesome! I'm bumping because I desperately need motivation. I am 5'10" and 222 lb. 232 was my heaviest, and I have bounced non stop between 232 and 211 about three or four times in the last two and a half years.

It's super hard also because I have a back injury, and when I lose weight it makes everything easier and less painful, but it's so hard to get up and fight through the process of LOSING the weight to get that pain-free point. I also suffer with pretty bad depression which is controlled mostly, but makes it really hard sometimes to look at the positives when everything feels negative.

It also is hard that I never see success stories from people of my height/shape, if that makes sense? I am an hourglass apple - From the front I have an hourglass figure, but from the side i'm as wide as from the front, if that makes sense? I also have a yucky mega belly overhang over my pants which is my least favourite thing about my body. I see all these success stories and I just think things like "ugh, this person has lost 25lb and looks awesome. I lose 25lb and can't even tell..." and things like that, and get really bitter and negative about it. I try not to, but It happens.

So it would be awesome to see some before/after/during shots of ladies my own height, and shape if you are! Or just any, because seeing other peoples' progress motivates me big time!

Sorry this has been whingy!

I have the same reaction --- admittedly I started high (314), but I've lost almost 50 pounds and am only just starting to notice a difference. Part of that is my own body distortion, but in truth almost nobody noticed until I'd lost 35 or 40. I'm still wearing most of the same clothes that I wore before, though I can also fit into some smaller stuff. It can be frustrating --- but I try to focus on the fact that I'm feeling better and able to do more, rather than just on the scale or what I see in the mirror. Still, when I see that others can lose 20 pounds and two clothes sizes, it's hard. I guess the upside is that because I'm so tall, nobody really understood just how heavy I was before I started losing.
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love it! You all look amazing!!
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    IMAG2960.jpg
    Im 5'9'' I lost over 35 pounds.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Finally figured out how to post pictures
    here's my progress one and if I can do it so can you.
    iphone824_zpsc1e569a1.jpg

Ist pic 250lbs
    2nd 218
    3rd 180

I'm now 173 and will prob keep going until im around 160. I haven't worked this hard not to be ripped.
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Carousel2011029_zps4877a387.jpg

Jensweightloss001_zpsb91687c7.jpg

My weight ever was 230 pounds right before I due with my son 8 years ago. When I started my fitness pal I was 181 pounds. My goal was 150 pounds. I got to 150 and reset my goal to 140 pounds. I got to 140 lbs. I am at 138 pounds currently and just working on maintaining. It has been a long road but I was between a 14/16 pant size when I began for pants and an XL in shirts. I am now a 8/10 depending on the pants and a medium in shirts.
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First picture is when I was at my heaviest at 309. I started on MFP a year ago when I was 286. Second picture I am at 206, sorry I cut my head off, but I tried on that dress without thinking I would actually get into it and I had some bed head going on! :) The last time I wore it was in the 80's (and of course it is now back in style). The last is just a face progression 309 down to 199. I am 5’10” and am currently 199 and want to get down to 170 and will see how I feel from there.

23a4f765-66a2-4766-8501-86700bd65a14_zps8d8ab917.jpg

66e01110-00f9-4731-88e7-1dd435890ef0_zps36f52c9e.jpg

b5cf3197-69e4-4b47-963d-e52cb92d7542_zpsa4c6a502.jpg

Main tips I can give are to be patient, patient, patient. Give yourself lots of love (because you are awesome just the way you are today) and follow the MFP plan. It works.
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo awesome, ladies!! Please keep 'em coming! And I pray to God that I will be able to join you all -- with my "before"s and "after"s -- one day very soon!
  • eddynigma
    eddynigma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my start weight was here on the left ( 3 months after I had my daughter), we didn't have a scale at that time. I joined roller derby and lost some weight doing that 4 hours a week, and drinking more water. About 6 months later we got a scale and I weighed around 175-180 at that time.I started doing 30 day shred, joined MFP and continued with roller derby. The picture on the right is after I finished the 30 day shred, I weigh about 150 there. I have lost a few pounds since then, have started weight lifting 3 days a week, derby twice a week, and running once to twice a week. I'm currently at about 25% body fat, and am looking to get to about 20-22% body fat by continuing lifting! Photo on the left is from 2011, photo on the right is 2013, I'm currently 5'9 and 148 lbs

9m5VwhU.png
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    gCF15bs.jpg?1

5'9"
    SW: 170+
    CW: 133
    GW: 120-125

I still have about 15 pounds to go, but keeping my goal in mind has kept me motivated so far.
  • bonedacious99
    bonedacious99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    gCF15bs.jpg?1

5'9"
    SW: 170+
    CW: 133
    GW: 120-125

I still have about 15 pounds to go, but keeping my goal in mind has kept me motivated so far.

Wow, you look fabulous! Do you have a small frame? I am 5'9" with a large frame and lots of muscle and my goal weight is 185 lbs. I have 49 lbs to lose right now. I have never been under 185 lbs, in fact I was 26% body fat at 186 lbs.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    pkiesch wrote: »
    I started at 292 in 2006 and now I'm 178.. my goal is 170 but I'm trying to tone up so I may reevaluate that; I have a lot of extra skin on my stomach =/ but I've never been happier!!! Slow & steady ladies!

jumpsuit-1.jpg

You look fantastic! Great job on the weight loss. My goal weight is 185 lbs, so I have 49 lbs to lose. This will put me at 25% body fat which is fine by me
  • FitKelly23
    FitKelly23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    a8bk1zg4ndxv.pngc5nyhpg9zuai.png
    2012 (190 lbs) on the left and 3/22/15 (150 lbs) on the right. Lots of cardio, changing my eating habits and creating a new, active lifestyle. I don't deprive myself of my favorite foods (burgers, potatoes, frozen yogurt)... but I do use MFP to hold me accountable.. I didn't have an account on here when I started, but I hold myself accountable outside of this website as well. I love the before and after pics... its so much more motivating to see where YOU have come from. I'm past my goal weight which was 155 and am going to continue to see if I can get to 145.. I don't want to lose my womanly curves :smiley:

• melissacurry04
    melissacurry04 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mckeonk23 wrote: »
    a8bk1zg4ndxv.pngc5nyhpg9zuai.png
    2012 (190 lbs) on the left and 3/22/15 (150 lbs) on the right. Lots of cardio, changing my eating habits and creating a new, active lifestyle. I don't deprive myself of my favorite foods (burgers, potatoes, frozen yogurt)... but I do use MFP to hold me accountable.. I didn't have an account on here when I started, but I hold myself accountable outside of this website as well. I love the before and after pics... its so much more motivating to see where YOU have come from. I'm past my goal weight which was 155 and am going to continue to see if I can get to 145.. I don't want to lose my womanly curves :smiley:

Fantastic job! Keep up the good work! You look 10 years younger in your second picture!