Do you love your Fitbit or do you wish you'd gotten something else?

Options
QueenYoyo
QueenYoyo Posts: 9 Member
I am thinking of purchasing the Fitbit Flex. I looked at the Charge as well, but not sure I like the fact that it's wider, and you can't change the bands if you choose to.

For those of you who've used a Fitbit, what did you think? Am I making the right choice? I want my fitness tracker to be water resistant, and mostly to use as a motivational tool. I understand that they're not always completely accurate.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I have the ChargeHR and it subs as a watch for me as well as activity tracker. It is NOT water resistant. I take it off for showers, dishwashing, and other water related activity. It works for me and I am totally loving it.

I do think the Flex is cute with the colors available, but at my age, that is not a prime factor for me.

Get the Fitbit that you will wear and use that is the right choice.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've had my Flex for just over a year now, and still completely in geeky love with it. It does what I want it to do, and I love how I just strap it on and go. I take mine off for showers, but it is water resistant. I've had no problems syncing it with MFP either, and since the scale keeps going in a downward trend it's working for me. :)
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    TBH, I got the flex because I was sick of the amiigo being constantly pushed back.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit One after returning the Force due to recall. I love the fact that I do NOT wear it on my wrist as for workouts I wear a multisportswatch. I do not find any fitbit products good looking enough to wear them on my wrist and for workouts none of them work properly. I strongly believe if you want to measure your heart rate accurately you need to wear a heart rate monitor chest band.
  • lauriegm84
    lauriegm84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge. I truly love it. Their have been a few times, that I have to 2nd guess it though. I wish that it was waterproof. I have come very close to washing dishes, and taking a bath with it on. The band is so lite on my wrist, that I forget that I have it on.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge and LOVE it. I got it at the first of the year after comparing different fitness trackers and options of the fitbit. It works for me! I do wash dishes with mine on, and am just careful not to submerge my hand. I have no regrets with my purchase.

If I did it again though, I'd upgrade and get the ChargeHR for $20 more. This wasn't available when I got mine though.
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looking at possibly getting a surge or a mio once released as it tracks steps distance and hrm. I still use my flex just that most days I don't even reach my target or have an adjustment with mfp. But anyway just my thoughts.
  • panamagrl
    panamagrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit since 2008, started with an Ultra, upgraded to a One, and just got a Charge HR. In the past few years I also tried the Nike fuelband, Jawbone and Polar M400. Despite minor annoyances and glitches, I think Fitbits are the best overall fitness tracker on the market. Their customer service is outstanding.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. I love it.
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine but wish I'd gotten the Charge HR instead of the Charge. I'm going to upgrade soon'ish and give my Charge to my partner as he works an office job and could use the inspiration to get moving too!