Report 2015-03-02

Options
Mrsallen6_11
Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Morning Everyone,

I can't believe it's March already, I guess that means I need to start getting my flower beds ready to plant. I have a couple new flowers I'm going to plant this year, and I have some I saved from last year in the freezer. I can't wait to see my yard filled with beautiful colors again.

I'm not sure how my day is going to go, I didn't do much planning yesterday. So I'm winging it today. I'll check in later, let y'all know how my day is going. If I have time, between cooking and germinating my seeds, I'm going to get some zumba or maybe some yoga in.

I'll see y'all later. Stay strong everyone, we can do this.

- Kris

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Yes it's time to work on the flower beds. I am really excited for spring.

Still nursing this flu. At least it's coughing up and I think I'm "a little" better. Spent most the day in bed yesterday sucking on Zicam. My nurse friend swears by it. I've been taking it for 3 days now. I did enjoy my birthday dinner. They made me BBQ pork roast (cooked 19 hours oh it was soooo good) baked potato with real sour cream (I don't indulge often), carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and the best salad bar ever! and strawberries for dessert. I loved every bite. (and I stayed within my calories)

I do have tomatoes, broccoli and spinach up and growing and transplanted to larger pots. I'll get more in these next few days.

My oldest daughter bought me a ticket for my birthday to go visit them in TN (have to be well) and we'll go visit my daughter in AL too while I'm there. Need to see that new baby again!

No exercise again today. I'm just going to rest and let my body get better.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Alisa
  • ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Having a good day today, did some circuit training, walked, and housework too. A bit tired but I'm thinking that I need to up my protein intake or calorie intake in general since I'm getting tired really easy now. I'm still gettin the same amount of sleep and eating about the same amount just healthier and more active. Any thoughts that might help out?
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today was a busy, well every Monday for me is busy. I am the Payroll Accountant (that's the fancy name for it lol) and Personnel clerk for a chicken company, and Monday's are when I run the payroll for the almost 100 employees that work here and I tend to look like a chicken with it's head cut off (<--- yeah I just went there lol) trying to get everything done in time. Don't worry though, I don't work in the processing plant (they have over 200 employees) so I don't come home smelling like dead chickens, I work in the farms department so I come home smelling like chicken feed (sometimes) lol.

I did manage to stay fairly within my goal, I went just a little over. I plan to have breakfast for dinner tonight, cause I can't think of anything else to cook and ever since I got to work I've been craving fried eggs lol. I'm going to do some yoga this afternoon, I need to stretch out and relax after this long day.

- Jade, try drinking some protein shakes, or find some womens multivitamins that are fairly high in protein. I take a multivitamin each morning and sometimes, not recently cause I need to get some more protein powder, if I haven't quite met my calories for the day I'll drink I protein shake with water or milk. I used to only drink them for the vitamin content, sometimes I don't get enough Iron in my diet and that makes up for it, but now that I'm strength training it also helps with muscle recovery as well.

- Alisa, that birthday dinner sounds really good, I'm glad you enjoyed it even though you weren't feeling well. I do hope that you start feeling better soon too. That trip to TN and AL sounds like fun. My husband used to live there, so that's where he wanted to take our honeymoon. We did a lot of hiking and waterfall hunting lol, it was really beautiful.
  • nanavickig
    nanavickig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I havent been feeling my best the last few days (hormonal issues i think), but managed to keep within my calorie goals and also achieved my exercise goals. I am trying to make sure i eat plenty of protein @ElisionJade‌, to stop myself losing much muscle hopefully! I am really tired now, i keep nodding off while writing this!! so goodnight everyone! Xx
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not feeling up to anything. A week ago my attention and dedication wavered. I missed a training session and started eating maintenance calories (part of training). Saturday I did my first triathlon and I had so much fun. It made the 10 hour training weeks worth every second. Then Sunday I was forced to take the day off to recover. I probably could have worked out but I didn't want to push it. Then today I'm back to feeling unmotivated and crappy. My next big race is a 1/2 marathon and I'm just not feeling it. I went to a yoga class tonight and I enjoyed going and socializing but I hated every second of the workout.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting up with a tri group and hopefully having people to hold me accountable will knock me out of this funk.
  • ShandaMSanders
    ShandaMSanders Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Still "recovering" from Type B flu and just bull-headed enough to think I should be bouncing back faster than this!! Was able to do Wii for 30 minutes morning & evening yesterday, but I feel like I ran the New York Marathon!! It's the feeling of exhaustion in my bones (which I know is the flu talking) that is so discouraging. Plenty of rest at night, plenty of fluids, staying within my calorie goals and making nutritious decisions - I just don't want to be knocked off track physically and be back at square one!