PCOSDiva - source of information

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and I look forward to chatting with you :) I haven't had time to go through some of the discussion threads so I'm not sure if this info has already been shared but there's a website called PCOSDiva and it is a huge source of information regarding PCOS. I highly recommend it....this page has offered me more beneficial information than my Dr ever has! Check out the page https://pcosdiva.com

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

PCOSDiva has been mentioned a few times in the past, but I would make sure to note that she pushes a lot of products and programs that aren't really necessary.

Since we have quite a few new people (many of which came from the thread I noticed you posted on in the main forums), I was asked to point out to these newcomers that such programs and products that PCOSDiva are not required for success and aren't the only way. It is a good starting point, but by far not the only resource. A couple of the more veteran members here expressed concern that newcomers would feel pressured into the products she offers.

I encourage all newcomers to PCOS in general, and this group, specifically, to read through the archives of this group. There is a plethora of information here, some of it is even quite opposite of what PCOSDiva suggests (primarily, in the composition of meals).

The free information she provides is valuable (and, in fact, I agree with a lot of it), but she does heavily promote her various products. Because she starts even from the vulnerable time of "you've just found out you have PCOS," I can't reiterate enough that you (general) should not feel pressured to buy the things she's pushing, or to think her's is the only way.
  • Annette_906
    Annette_906 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you and I probably should have been more specific in my original post, I don't buy into the products she sells but find the articles and interviews with medical professionals very informative.