Daily Report 2015-03-03

Options
Mrsallen6_11
Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Good morning everyone,

It is a wet dreary day here in the South East, and is predicted to get wetter and drearier :disappointed:. But I'm not going to let that stop me today. I did a nice circuit this morning, planned my day, packed my lunch, and, since this rain seems to be never ending, Zumba tonight.

I want to share something with everyone that my papaw taught me growing up. I was about 7 or 8 maybe and we got horses (I'd been begging him for years for one) on the exception that my sister and I would take care about of them and ride them every day. Well on one of my first times riding my horse (sundown) I rolled off and fell to the ground. My papaw hand slapped his butt and it scared me and the horse and we jerked (me more than the horse) causing me to fall off my horse. Well I was scared and hurt and tired, and didn't want to get back on. But my papaw looked me on the eye and said pumpkin (his nickname for me), if you give up now you'll never learn to ride. And I told him I didn't want to ride anymore. So he made me a deal, he told me if I got back on and got thrown off again then I wouldn't have to get back on ever again. Needless to say I kept that horse til I was about 12. My point is, no matter how many times we feel like giving up we still need to find the strength to get back up and keep going or we'll never make it to where we want to be in life.

That has stuck with me for most of my life. I wrecked (sort of, very minor accident) my motorcycle when I was 16 or 17 and my papaw was willing to let me take a break from riding (he was afraid I wouldn't get back on), but instead I picked up my bike, propped it, walked inside to clean my scarped up leg and change pants, and I walked outside and got back on that bike. Everyday when I was in dance classes in highschool or in color guard in college, if there was a move I couldn't do I worked my butt off until it was perfect (and as a result I would usually be bruised all over lol). I didn't want to give up, I couldn't, because that would mean I had failed.

I know sometimes we feel like giving up, throwing in the towel, basically letting all our hard work go to waste.

Yeah I know I skip workouts sometimes too, for no reason mostly and I beat myself up for that. Cause if I want to reach my goal I have to be consistent with my workouts. Usually when I workout after skipping a previous workout, I push myself (almost to my limit) just to make up for that missed time. I know it sounds crazy or obsessive, and sometimes I hate working out but I tell myself "this is my life now, if I want this I have to work for it."

I'm going to leave y'all with that this morning, I hope everyone has a good day. Stay strong everyone, and remember just because you fall down doesn't mean you can't get back up.

~ Kris

Replies

• rissavanwey
    Options
    Thanks Kris! I needed that this morning.

Quick request for everyone...I have a phone interview at 9 cst. Prayers and positive thoughts would be much appreciated. I woke up in a funk and really want this job!!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed :smile:
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, good thoughts and you'll do great Marissa!

Kris, that was so very inspiring. You have a very smart papaw to teach you that at such a young age. Thank you for sharing.

It's snowing something crazy here but is suppose to clear up and warm up this afternoon. What crazy weather! Still sick. No exercise again. I really do miss it. Have all my meals planned for the day. Have so much to get done before I leave to my daughter's on Thurs.

Have a great day everyone.
    Alisa
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    I had to stop by and update cause I'm very excited right now, my husband surprised me today during lunch. He told me, after months of hinting about it, that he was going to get me a treadmill so I don't have to miss my runs anymore :smiley:. The best part is that his supervisor has one that he is willing to sell for $150 :smile:. So my husband said we can pick it up this weekend, YAY! :smiley:. Now I don't have to worry about checking the weather each day or waiting for it to warm up to go running. That just really made my day.

Yes, Alisa, he was really smart. He was the only person I had in my life that I could look up too (no offense mom). It's been 5 years and not a day goes by that I don't want to pick up the phone and call him just to hear his voice one more time.

You get plenty of rest before your trip, don't worry about working out right now. I bet bother your daughters are really excited to see you too.

Marissa, how did your job interview go?
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This is a good, strong thread to log into today!

We are all hoping for good news from you Marissa!

Wow. Alisa you have had a hard time with this flu. You really should take it easy while you get back on your feet.

Kris, your words are very timely and appreciated. In a very low moment yesterday, I would have given up if there were a choice. But, to quit now is to fail. My emotional tail spin is more from fear than anything else. I was completely baffled by three straight weight gains so I had to do something. I am taking 3 days of a very unsustainable low calorie diet in an effort to reboot my system. Plus, I am adding a high quality pro-biotic to aid my system. I expect to take off some of the added weight and then go back to a reasonable weight loss effort!

Susan