Fitbit tells me 11590 steps=12.5 miles (nurse)

Options
txrn123
txrn123 Posts: 47 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Wore it for first time yesterday and it was a busy busy night. By the end of the 12 hrs it said I did 11590 steps and 12.5 miles. Yet when I look up miles/steps taken via Google it says 10,000 steps equals 5 miles. Does what FB tells me sound right?

Replies

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am thinking you have a GIGANTIC stride length (LOL) Seriously though, that is not right or close to being right. Check your height and weight settings on the device,but that is crazy numbers,more than double what it should be.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is definitely not right...maybe email Fitbit support?
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did the treadmill today for 4 miles (machine read). My fitbit says 2 miles?? I dont get it?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    There is a setting in fitbit for your stride length, one setting for walking and another for running. You can enter your own individual stride lengths to make the mileage more accurate for you.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely check your stride length. 11,000 steps for me is about 5 miles.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Check your settings and stride length. If all that works out, send an email to support.
  • Uicnow
    Uicnow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nope thats wrong for sure
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Could it be 12.5 km?
  • txrn123
    txrn123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Whatever the problem was that day, it seems to have resolved because since then the steps vs miles seems to be more in line now with 10 to 11,000 steps showing up as 5 to 6 miles. Maybe it was a temporary glitch..thank you, everyone!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Lol im a nurse too and i hear ya! Although it probably feels like 12miles! I got to 15,000 the other day at work! Ive never checked my stride length though but mine seems more in line with what it should be. However, ive noticed that the fitbit is slightly off versus the treadmill in distance. But usually by less than 0.5miles so i just ignore it. Someday ill get around to checking stride length though.