MFP not updating suddenly.

Options
AndrewJB301288
AndrewJB301288 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Hi All,

Been using MFP and Fitbit flex since October last year successfully.

All of a sudden today MFP isn't including anything from Fitbit. I've done 8k steps and 120mins of swimming (logged in Fitbit) and its not showing up at all on MFP.

Any one else having issues?

Replies

• jpeterson917mfp
    Options
    I have the same thing, some advice for the MFP team would be good.......
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have had no real drama with it syncing. Just give it a minute and it has synced for me.
  • talorc
    talorc Posts: 1
    Options
    Mine hasn't updated since 3/2. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and it is not syncing at all.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I saw an announcement yesterday on either facebook or twitter from MFP that said they were experiencing a delay in updating from fitbit. Maybe that could be the problem.
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mine finally updated yesterday about noon today, any thing from today is not there
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Having the same problems! :( no sync from today so far.
  • lynnw2013
    lynnw2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No sync either way for me. MFP not showing activity, FB not showing food logged. Very frustrating.
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I literally have been back and forth with support all day on this. They are trying, but it's getting frustrating. You are not alone.
  • blakkatz3
    blakkatz3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine updates in the middle of the night some time. Is it an android issue? This started right after the last update.
  • dkrist000
    Options
    Have the same issue. It is not OS or device specific, as I have tried it across iOS, android, and Windows.
  • amhassni
    amhassni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. All the sudden the Fitbit data is not syncing.
  • rbutla
    rbutla Posts: 1
    Options
    Yep. It has just stopped syncing out of the blue. C'mon!
  • chrism575
    chrism575 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same problem with me, not syncing. A the very least someone from MFP could inform us that they are aware of the problem and working on it!!!
  • lmj_0829
    lmj_0829 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem, hopfully they can fix this ASAP
  • BridgetCurnow2013
    BridgetCurnow2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the same, very annoying
  • BridgetCurnow2013
    BridgetCurnow2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have got it working again, I revoked access on both apps, then re added and it seems to have worked, so lets hope that fixes it.
  • Abby1603
    Abby1603 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel I have tried everything, I only got my Fitbit Charge Monday and it has been such a hassle to get it to sync with the MFP!! Really frustrating, especially when its new and your not really sure if its something you are doing wrong or a tech issue. I have emailed MFP four times over the past three days and get the same automated email every time!! Still not syncing properly today!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is the same ongoing issue, info is here:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1901070-fitbit-sync-delays-3-2-15

This is on the MFP side, fitbit.com synchs appear to be working fine, I even get the food data from MFP in there, so a one-sided communication is going on. It seems to correct itself after a long period of time late in evening or overnight, which isn't helpful to us users.

Resetting your apps just adds to the overloading. So hopefully everyone will stop doing that. Found this from support link:
    If any of these sync errors are related to one of our integration partners (particularly Fitbit), we do not recommend unlinking and relinking the two programs at this time. This will put additional workload on the servers and further slow down the servers. Additionally and data not synced between MyFitnessPal and the integration partner will not sync after relinking the two.

I am seriously considering just using fitbit.com but I have so many personalized foods, meals etc on MFP, that is a lot of work.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    [

I am seriously considering just using fitbit.com but I have so many personalized foods, meals etc on MFP, that is a lot of work. [/quote]

^^This
  • AndrewJB301288
    AndrewJB301288 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    an update from yesterday, Mine finally updated about 7 hours after posting the original post.

Today's has not updated at all :(