New Here + Off-the-Wall Question!

Options
Hello, friends! My name is Katie, and I've been on MFP for a few years now, but I have a bad habit of just sort of lurking on and off. Presently, I've been back on here mostly consistently for (I think) the past four weeks, which is one of the longest streaks I've had in the past year. I'm 22, from the southern US, recently married, and identify as bisexual. (Cis female, she/her/hers pronouns). I'm also an artist, but I have such a poor habit of not bringing life to my inspiration lately, which brings me to my strange question.

Gay pride colors are simply a rainbow theme; bisexual pride colors are blue, pink, and purple, right? (I know, I should know that one... oops). Pansexual pride is purple, black, and grey (I think? Or is that asexual?) Anyway, I have an idea for a painting visually expressing "coming out", so I'm wondering if there are any colors associated with heterosexuality? I understand that heterosexuals don't *need* pride the way we do - there's no egalitarian argument here that they should - but I'm needing a color palette for heterosexuality. If there's not one, I'm wondering if, for my needs, simply black or white (or any monochrome scheme) would serve my purpose.

Replies