Introductions

Options
caitastic24
caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
Welcome to the group!!!! So happy to be doing a challenge during one of my favorite months :-) My name is Caitlin and I have been running these challenges since last July. I love the sense of community the groups bring and I hope this continues going forward.

In order to do this, I require that you post fairly regularly (at least once a week to qualify for the prize at the end). The official rules are under Announcements. Please utilize the group and share your goals/progress/frustrations/etc. as we go along. I will always get back to you if you have any questions for me!!

To get us started, post a brief introduction below.

And a BIG THANKS for your participation- both old and new members! I can't wait to get to know all of you during the month!

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Aaron here. Living in the Midwest. I've been riding / into bicycles for most of my life. I've done a few of these challenges but stopped a few times due to illness, injury or lack of motivation. Currently I ride road in the spring & summer and race cyclocross in the fall & winter.
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Janna. I used to love riding my bike back as a teenager. Was a feeling of freedom. Wasn't until 2 summers ago I fell back in love with it. I've been riding mostly May-August while on summer break. And any nice day before and after. Beginning of last months challenge I bought myself a indoor bike. And I'm totally hooked. Love that I can still get in a good ride even though it's snowing like crazy and brutally cold outside. I'm so happy I've found this challenge. It totally keeps me moving forward!!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hiya all. I am desperately trying to get back into the swing. Had an illness after christmas and I've found it incredibly difficult to get going. I'm taking today as the first day of sprig and I'm coming out of hibernation :-) Going to target 300 and see how I get on. If I bike to work daily I should hit this :-) Good luck everone and thanks for putting this on again :-)
  • caitastic24
    Options
    Hello, I'm Janna. I used to love riding my bike back as a teenager. Was a feeling of freedom. Wasn't until 2 summers ago I fell back in love with it. I've been riding mostly May-August while on summer break. And any nice day before and after. Beginning of last months challenge I bought myself a indoor bike. And I'm totally hooked. Love that I can still get in a good ride even though it's snowing like crazy and brutally cold outside. I'm so happy I've found this challenge. It totally keeps me moving forward!!

So glad to have you back! I'm excited you bought yourself an indoor bike haha :-)
  • caitastic24
    Options
    davert123 wrote: »
    Hiya all. I am desperately trying to get back into the swing. Had an illness after christmas and I've found it incredibly difficult to get going. I'm taking today as the first day of sprig and I'm coming out of hibernation :-) Going to target 300 and see how I get on. If I bike to work daily I should hit this :-) Good luck everone and thanks for putting this on again :-)

Haha yay for spring! Happy you're back :-)
  • caitastic24
    Options
    Aaron here. Living in the Midwest. I've been riding / into bicycles for most of my life. I've done a few of these challenges but stopped a few times due to illness, injury or lack of motivation. Currently I ride road in the spring & summer and race cyclocross in the fall & winter.

Excited to see how many miles you bike this month :-)

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

With me it's not so much about the mileage, it's the effort requirement. I do zone training. My coach gives me a total of X amount of hours in different heart rate zones. As long as I hit those goals, it's all good. The mileage is just an estimate of the hours required.
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Aaron :)
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Whew! Finally made it back after many delays, including but not limited to: being sick, being on vacation, crapass weather, needing to replace my saddle but having no $$, and just some occasional laziness. :-/ Finally resolved and/or completed all those things so I can get riding on a regular basis again. I already missed the first week of March so I doubt I'll make my 50-mile goal, but I'll try my best to recover lost ground. Our governor declared March as Florida Bike Month, because this state apparently just likes to screw with national schedules of all sorts. And March 16-20 is Florida Bike to Work Week, so I'm actually gonna attempt to ride to work every day. That's 40 miles toward my goal if I succeed! Today will be my first ride with my new Terry Butterfly Chromoly saddle and I sure hope it's better than the one that came with my Trek. Good luck and happy riding to everyone! :smiley:
  • caitastic24
    Options

With me it's not so much about the mileage, it's the effort requirement. I do zone training. My coach gives me a total of X amount of hours in different heart rate zones. As long as I hit those goals, it's all good. The mileage is just an estimate of the hours required.

Oh, good to know! I always try to go for the same length of time or longer and I've consistently upped the resistance since then. So I don't always get the same amount of miles in but I make sure that my heart rate is up :-)