counting steps while pushing a stroller/cart

Options
brandirosed
brandirosed Posts: 22 Member
Hi guys, i have a quick question. Does anyone have any ideas of how to use the fitbit step counter while pushing something? I've tried in my pocket but i'm not sure if that's the best way.

Replies

• berebere87
    berebere87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually put the tracker down in my sock (If I don't forget). Don't know how accurate it is down there, but I guess it's about the same =)
  • brandirosed
    brandirosed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    good idea! I'll try that on my next walk!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My wife wears hers on her bra, seems to work well, she calls it her T!Tbit
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I had the fitbit one I always clipped it to my bra. I have the charge now. Just wish it was more waterproof. But I love it.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I either loop my flex around a belt loop or wear it on my bra.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My wife wears hers on her bra, seems to work well, she calls it her T!Tbit

That's a great idea. I just tried tucking my Charge HR into my bra, such that the sensors are against my skin and, while I can feel it there, and it certainly wouldn't look right in tight-fitting clothes, it actually reads my heart rate!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Does the foot that's on the ground with the device move when the other foot impacts?
    No.

If you put the device on 1 foot, guess how many steps of impact it's going to see?

Yes, half what really took place.

Guess what the calorie burn will be estimated on?

Yes, half the steps in the same time, so low calorie burn.

So if your goal is decent accuracy in steps or calorie burn, then don't put it on 1 foot only, you'll get neither goal reached.