How far behind is your MFP/Fitbit data?

SFDonovan
SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
Tomorrow mine will be a week behind. I fear they may never catch up to each other, and they'll do a purge instead.

Replies

• heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    A week. They say only a "small percentage" are still experiencing difficulty - but I'm still seeing a lot of complaints in here...
  • heather_hearts_travel
    I sent an e-mail to support, and got a reply saying to unlink the accounts (unlink FB from MFP, AND revoke access to MFP from Fitbit's website), wait 15 minutes, then reconnect. The e-mail also said to be sure to do these actions from the website, not the apps. THEN to make sure FitBit is checked on the "Steps" option if I'm using the MFP app. I was hesitant since that is exactly what they said NOT to do, but it did solve my issues. Now happily connected again.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I sent email too and am in the process of waiting for my 15 mins to be up so I can relink. I won't know if it worked until I get home tonight since I can't sync at work.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    I don't think it's too wide spread as Heather alluded to. Mine tend to sync 'almost' real-time.
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    I sent an e-mail to support, and got a reply saying to unlink the accounts (unlink FB from MFP, AND revoke access to MFP from Fitbit's website), wait 15 minutes, then reconnect. The e-mail also said to be sure to do these actions from the website, not the apps. THEN to make sure FitBit is checked on the "Steps" option if I'm using the MFP app. I was hesitant since that is exactly what they said NOT to do, but it did solve my issues. Now happily connected again.

I just did this on main computer, and it seems to have reconnected. The only other problem is that i don't think it will sync up the past 6 days so i don't know if im going to have a fitbit adjustment recorded.
  • heather_hearts_travel
    I just did this on main computer, and it seems to have reconnected. The only other problem is that i don't think it will sync up the past 6 days so i don't know if im going to have a fitbit adjustment recorded.

Yeah - mine didn't record the missing days' data. It only updated today's data. I'll take that over it being completely broken, though. :\

• bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Mine has been a week. I'm going to go ahead and do the full unlinking described above. Nothing to lose at this point.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    ^Same. This is driving me nuts.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Mine is 2-3 weeks at this point, i disconnected and reconnected and emailed them, they responded and said because i disconnected and reconnected it threw me at the bottom of the syncing so i will have to wait longer now. w/e i am annoyed.
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    four days now, it's been synching off and on but this is really bad. It worked for an entire year.
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Took Heather's advice and it downloaded my data. We'll see how long it lasts.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    I did the full disconnect and relink as described up thread and it worked! This day's steps showed up, but not any of my steps for the last week. BUT I did get it to work by doing this:
    - went back each day that I didn't get steps and manually logged a cardio exercise (doesn't matter which one, walking, running, any will do)
    - closed out of the MFP app and swiped it off my iPhone dashboard
    - opened the app back up, this forces it to resync
    - all my FitBit data for the missing week was now showing up for each day! Then I just manually did the swipe-delete thing to get rid of the manually logged cardio exercised I had had added. All the FitBit data remained.
    - Rejoice!

I hope this trick will help others get their missing data. Good luck!
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2015
    bentobee wrote: »
    I did the full disconnect and relink as described up thread and it worked! This day's steps showed up, but not any of my steps for the last week. BUT I did get it to work by doing this:
    - went back each day that I didn't get steps and manually logged a cardio exercise (doesn't matter which one, walking, running, any will do)
    - closed out of the MFP app and swiped it off my iPhone dashboard
    - opened the app back up, this forces it to resync
    - all my FitBit data for the missing week was now showing up for each day! Then I just manually did the swipe-delete thing to get rid of the manually logged cardio exercised I had had added. All the FitBit data remained.
    - Rejoice!

I hope this trick will help others get their missing data. Good luck!

I did this and it did not work. If I disconnect and reconnect it will do an adjustment but I have to do this every time I want to update. It doesn't do it on its own anymore. Any suggestions. I've posted on a couple of threads searching for answers (As of now, and will be checking back in the morning).