First stall, exercise, and sickness

Options
Sammers48220
Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
So after 6 days at the exact same weight (literally, down to the ounce) I'm going to call this past week my first stall. I was prepared for it to happen, but it is frustrating.

Oddly, it happened the same week that I started training for a triathlon. I don't know if I scared my body into storage mode because I'm all of a sudden expending a lot more energy, or if it's just coincidence. Hopefully my numbers start to move soon, though.

I'm trying to up my calories/protein but I got really, really sick to my stomach this past weekend. I don't know if it's something I ate or what. It started Friday morning, so several hours after my last meal, making it really difficult to tie to a specific food. But today is day 4 of sickness, so I'm thinking of calling my doctor to make sure everything seems ok. In the meantime, I've reverted back to a liquid diet, and I'm mixing protein powder with everything again.

Has anyone else ever experienced a stall coinciding with exercise? Or had a multi-day sickness from something they ate?

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    So after 6 days at the exact same weight (literally, down to the ounce) I'm going to call this past week my first stall. I was prepared for it to happen, but it is frustrating.

Oddly, it happened the same week that I started training for a triathlon. I don't know if I scared my body into storage mode because I'm all of a sudden expending a lot more energy, or if it's just coincidence. Hopefully my numbers start to move soon, though.

I'm trying to up my calories/protein but I got really, really sick to my stomach this past weekend. I don't know if it's something I ate or what. It started Friday morning, so several hours after my last meal, making it really difficult to tie to a specific food. But today is day 4 of sickness, so I'm thinking of calling my doctor to make sure everything seems ok. In the meantime, I've reverted back to a liquid diet, and I'm mixing protein powder with everything again.

Has anyone else ever experienced a stall coinciding with exercise? Or had a multi-day sickness from something they ate?

You might not be in a stall the exercise will build muscle and muscles are heavier than fat. This could just be a shift!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Soooo... I'd not call 6 days without your weight changing a stall. Personal advice, you're weighing too much. Drop it back to once per week and focus on your training. You'll have some weeks where you don't lose. This is just your body adjusting and is normal\desired particularly if you're training and building muscle. If you go a month or more without a change that can't be attributed to too many calories, change up your eating\exercise routine.

Not sure on the multi-day sickness from food. That usually goes away for me after 24 hours when it happens. And it DOES still happen occationally even at a year and 1/2 out if I really over "sugar" myself. Good deterrent not to do that!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that the increase in calories is what is making you sick? Maybe your stomach doesn't like all that food? I hope you feel better soon!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would be the weigh once a week person! But size 4 pants with no elastic will not close if you gain over 4lb so I have a choke collar on me, LOL!
  • thin2be2013
    thin2be2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would be the weigh once a week person! But size 4 pants with no elastic will not close if you gain over 4lb so I have a choke collar on me, LOL!

Size 4!!! That is awesome.....WTG!!