Syncing

Options
ShanitaMarie85
ShanitaMarie85 Posts: 44 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
How often does the Fitbit sync with MFP? I feel like it should sync everytime I open the app.

Replies

• stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It should but as you've seen in here many are having problems with syncing between the apps, so you maybe seeing no adjustment or steps tracker etc, or whatever you have designated to sync. Good luck once mfp gets all their crap together.
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Having issues also the past few days. Frustrating :s
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    From support:

If you have previously been receiving a regular update, and these issues recently started for you in the past few days, we recommend NOT trying to troubleshoot, as if you do unlink and relink this will put you at the end of the line for syncing (which is currently a long line). Instead, we recommend waiting for the systems to catch up and return sync on their own.

The problem we are currently facing could cause sync to be extremely sporadic, you may instantly see sync at one point in the day, then it may be hours or even days until you see it again. We realize this can be extremely frustrating and for this we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on getting the system back to normal.

At this time, we do not have an exact time frame of when these problems will be resolved, but we will update the following thread with information as we have it available: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1901070-fitbit-sync-delays-3-2-15
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Somedays I have to wait for the sync. Never can figure out why.
  • terrbrown
    terrbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have been trying to sync my new Fitbit HR and I thought it was me. I am hoping that MFP fix this issue soon so I can have the advantage of both apps.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fitbit sends new daily burn amount when it has increased 100 calories over the prior sent value.
    Or you sync your device and there is new info that is also 100 more.
  • georgeanna1
    georgeanna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one having syncing problems, glad I'm not alone. :p
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Still having problems despite what I have said previously. The only way for fb to sync with mfp is to disconnect then reconnect and that is such a hassle.like every time. It won't do it automatically anymore. Can anyone suggest something to get this working? Is there any point wearing my fb if it won't sync automatically And update? Getting really annoyed now.
  • CJohn364
    CJohn364 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried (in MFP app) to click MORE at the bottom, then scrolling to the bottom of that page and pressing SYNC? I do this when trying to sync MFP to MapMyWalk at those times they don't sync right away. Theoretically, it should work with FB, as well.

BTW, I ordered my FB Flex just a few minutes ago. :smiley:
  • PatG1382
    PatG1382 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I still seem to be having problems with mine. When I first got it in Feb it was great but the last week it does not show up in MFP! However I love fitbit and MFP
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and mine syncs often. I have the MFP & Fitbit apps on my Windows phone so I can sync multiple times during the day. I don't disengage then engage any more because it causes my two programs to not talk to each other (like support said). Don't give up. :neutral_face: