Exciting Workout!

Options
SJunczyk
SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
Now I am up for trying new things. I aim to be that bit braver and bolder in the decisions I make for myself this year.

I would LOVE to try something fun like Salsa dancing - I'm sure it'll loosen these unused stiff joints of mine.

Are there any exciting workouts that you do? Even if you don't sweat it out it is nice to meet new people - any suggestions or great places to go?

Replies

• th3brad
    th3brad Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of Salsa classes, might be cool if a few of us go together?
    We could always go for bike rides or play rounders in a park etc.. if there is enough people interested?
  • Shaybihi
    Shaybihi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Gona have to wait till the weather gets better before we think outdoor activities. I LOVE BBALL! Been years so a bit rusty to say the least.
  • SJunczyk
    SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I used to skate along the sea front - I'm no pro but it was bloody good-definitely worked them thighs!
  • th3brad
    Options
    i used to adore my Roces quads. If I could get me a pair of them badboys I would definately be up for skating...... what about ice skating?
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Me and a few friends were going to give Burlesque dancing a go, but I had to work away and couldn't make it :-(
  • lgrid75
    lgrid75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Doesn't feel like exercising to me. I'm doing a salsa/Charleston class in April for a friends birthday. What about rollercity at Southend? xx
  • th3brad
    Options
    i like the idea of rollercity
  • Hestion
    Options
    My poor knees couldn't take roller skating :-(
  • th3brad
    Options
    what about cycling?
  • th3brad
    Options
    got myself a new mountain bike, still have not used it!
  • Hestion
    Options
    Hmmmm don't like cycling to be honest, I suffer the stat bike at the gym, and sometimes spin.

I've always fancied Fencing and have found a local club, I might give it a go.
  • th3brad
    Options
    Fencing sounds brilliant, I was only talking to a work colleague yesterday about taking her!
  • Hestion
    Options
    There's a club in Wickford, 8.30 on a Tuesday night £5
  • th3brad
    Options
    wicked cool, I will look into it!
  • th3brad
    Options
    Going Rollacity next week.
  • kirstyjdavis
    kirstyjdavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to run my first 10k race at end of May. I have only ever run on my own before, and usually do 5k. Hoping now the weather is getting warmer that I can get out on runs after work to build up my distance.
  • Hestion
    Options
    Roller skating wouldn't be good for my knee lol. We went bowling with work Tuesday night, only 2nd time I've been in my life, my arms got a work out lol