motivational workouts to do at home?

Options
Hi ladies. I've been logging my foodplan for a few weeks now but have been feeling frustrated since I can't get to the gym as often as I'd like. I'm from Canada and it's cold and snowy which makes it hard to get out with my two boys. One's 4 and the other is 1, the 1 year old does not like being outside and wearing a snowsuit, lol. Does anyone have any at home workouts that they swear by, or dvd's that they follow and would recommend. Also, feel free to add me as a friend for some extra motivation or if you want to chat. Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• Soupy84
    Soupy84 Posts: 3
    Options
    /wave

I'm from Edmonton and can appreciate the frustration with our winters. I am hoping to add Bikini Body Mommy (her workouts are youtube) to my workout routine, but I am not quite there yet as I am focusing on cardio for the time being. She comes highly recommended by my local mom group and can be done right at home ☺️
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I live in new England so I feel your frustrations. I have a 7 year old, a 2 year old, and an almost 2 month old. I work out to Jillian Michaels dvds when I can't get out. I also have a weight room downstairs, but since loading and gaining from pregnancies the past 8 years, I do love my JM videos!

Fitness blender and blogilates on YouTube are also great.
  • rwolfenden
    rwolfenden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also from new England, so I understand! I really like the yoga booty ballet dvds, as well as the dancing with the stars series (I borrow 1/week when I go there with my toddler so I can mix it up!) Leslie Sansone is also pretty great
  • purpleorange9
    purpleorange9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually just got Jillian Michael's body shred for beginners and did my first day today.
  • purpleorange9
    Options
    I will keep all your suggestions in mind for when I've finished the 30 days
  • lindseymp2015
    lindseymp2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi purple orange! Fyi i did the biggest loser today last chance. Bc that's what I had. Omg! Yesterday I did the Leslie walk at home four miles. That was pretty good too and the almost three year old had fun doing the walking one with me. Even suggested we do it today.
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The apps I workout with: Skimble Workout Trainer & FitStar both are free and offer tons of workouts, especially Skimble
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe Booty Shaking Waist workout. It's a 10 minute Youtube video that will have your waist screaming until you do it again. Took me 3 days to do it the second time, and then it felt better.
  • purpleorange9
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • schofield1111
    Options
    I do different #30daychallenges I only have 1 kid but I work 45+ hours a week and when I'm not at work I feel like my time is best spent with her she is almost 2 and very active so it's hard to fit stuff in but the challenges work good and aren't to time consuming
  • mrshiq
    mrshiq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Morning!

@purpleorange9, I too feel pain in the winter arena!! I live in Maine. We just started thawing out a little bit this week and we are forecasted for a potential 6+ inches this weekend! :\

I just did a video this morning, as a matter of fact, that was killer!!!
    It was Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body. It is one hour of killer moves!
    You use hand weights, there are lots of plyometric moves, and NO breaks! ;-) LOL!!!

I try to get to the gym 3-4 days a week. But, as a mom of two, and a homeschooler--- that is often not possible. So, I will do Zumba on the Wii, or run up and down the driveway in my Muck Boots (LOL!), we've done some snowshoeing, I've used Jillian's 30 day shred, and I love using my old Tae-Bo Dvds! I can't wait for Spring, and all the snow to melt, so we can get to the outdoor activities. I'll make up fitness cards and do them in the driveway while they play. (Jumping jacks, squats, lunges, push ups, sprints, etc...)

If you have good internet capabilities, which I don't, there are tons of free online videos to use too!!

Just get creative! I try to get the kids involved if I can. That way, they are not nagging at me to finish or get them a snack or something. ;-) They're too busy helping, counting, or being active!!

Good luck with anything you choose to do!! As long as you;re moving and sweating... you're doing great!!
  • erincricket
    erincricket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do fitness blender workouts on YouTube. They are challenging.
  • purpleorange9
    Options
    I'm making a note of everything everyone has suggested, this is awesome! Thanks again! I'm still doing the bodyshred by Jillian Michaels and did managed to get to the gym on Monday to do a killer workout... so finger's crossed I start seeing a change! I'm hoping that working out more days will make a difference, I know it has in the past after baby number 1.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    There is a phone app called Nike Training Club. I just downloaded it today, but it looks like workouts you can do it at home! I'm excited to get started!
  • babytashh
    babytashh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michele's DVDs. Or TURBOFIRE. Totally amazing! I'm on day 3 (: