Help

Options
AJHOPEIT
AJHOPEIT Posts: 10 Member
Hey ladies, I am 29 days old on mfp. I have been tracking my carbs very well, watching what I eat, but my belly is still lingering on. I have also been doing JM's 30 day shred 3 times a week (other than this week, been unwell), but still no change on the scale. I've 2 kids, 11yrs and 2 years. Please help on what I could be doing wrong. Thanks!

Replies

• kimreagan87
    kimreagan87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have u been using a food scale to measure your food?
  • ck1227
    ck1227 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would maybe workout 5 times a week and mix up workouts if you can. Drink lots of water. Eat clean most days. I hardly ever eat carbs and when I do k feel bloated & clothes fit differently, etc.
  • AJHOPEIT
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Kimreagan87, I don't have a food scale. I usually measure my portions in terms of cups.
    Cj1227, I'll try mixing up my workouts. I do drink lot of water. So if you don't eat carbs, what are meals like? As in what do you eat in a typical day?
  • kimreagan87
    kimreagan87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting a food scale. Your portions could be really off using a measuring cup
  • AJHOPEIT
    Options
    Thanks Kimreagan87. I'll definitely be getting one soon.
  • lsb11
    lsb11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Portion control. Monitor your calories in and calories out. I don't cut out carbs, but I definitely monitor how much I'm eating, definitely invest in food scale, I still use my measuring cups to portion out rice, pasta, potatoes, etc...do eat small meals throughout the day (try to boost your metabolism) I would definitely up the workouts to 5 days a week and switch it up so your body doesn't get used to the same thing. Maybe if you do the 3 days of 30ds, 2 days you can dedicate to doing cardio only. Don't get discouraged though. You'll start seeing results :)
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It can also be hard to loose weight if you don't have much to loose. I have found that it has taken me 3 months to loose 12 pounds! And most days my scale doesn't budge. It is hard not to get frustrated. Just keep on. Are your clothes getting looser? Sometimes the pounds don't melt but the inches do. :)
  • AJHOPEIT
    Options
    Thanks Isb11. I'll increase my workouts to 5 per week. I also ordered my food scale. I really need to shed off
    Owenlenn, according to my BMI, I'm obese! I've lots of lbs to shed off. I have made changes in my portioning, getting my food scale soon, I'll update on my progress. Thank you ladies!
  • devoslosingit
    devoslosingit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There is a certain trick to losing weight that helps me. This is just a suggestion but my body needs a lil' kick start to get it going so this is what i have been doing. 1. Up my protein to equal or less then my carbs. 2. Cut my carbs. I dont drink soda, eat bread, eat pasta, and if i have something with lots of carbs (like thick creamy soup) i only eat a little. 3. Eat clean i.e. Fresh vegies, fruits, meats with just seasoning (no thick sauces), very little processed foods 4. Exercise
    I'm doing this until my body hits to half my goal. Then i will eat slightly more carbs but keep the protien high. This is just the way im doing it, but it works to kinda mix things up.
  • AJHOPEIT
    Options
    Thanks devoslosingit. I don't drink sodas too, or juice. When I eat bread. I only eat Ezekiel4:9 bread. My family eats lots of fruits and vegetables too. I've not weighed myself for close to 2 weeks, for fear of the scale saying otherwise. I have made couple of changes in my work outs hoping this helps.
    I'll weigh myself on Wednesday and will be in a position to tell how it's working for me.
  • mhesler2014
    mhesler2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In my experience counting calories and exercise is the best way I stay at 1200 calories a day or less I try to avoid bread pasta and cheese but haven't stopped eating it fresh fruits and vegetables are best for me a good day of eating would be oatmeal with fresh strawberry or raspberry for breakfast light soup or bowl of green beans with just salt and pepper for lunch and fish with vegetables for dinner protion control is really important too
  • AJHOPEIT
    Options
    I'm taking notes ladies. Thanks for all your input!