Frustrated - suggestions?

Options
kcbhopkins
kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
I'm just under 8 months out from surgery. I'm down almost 90 lbs from my highest weight, 70 lbs from my surgery weight. I feel better than ever.

The last month has been the worst. Stalled for a month, lost 4 lbs now stalled again just two weeks later.

I'm working out more than I did even just two months ago, walking 3 - 5 miles daily. No strength training, just aerobic exercise.

I am eating around 1200 call per day(which seems like a lot but is my doctors recommendation ), getting 80 - 100 grams of protein and drinking my water.

Why do the pounds seem to come off slower now that I'm way more active?

And, as a side ask, any recommendations for belly fat? My midsection seems to be stuck and no inches lost in a while. I'm losing great in my upper body and legs but this tummy won't budge! Some is loose skin, but there's still fat there.

Replies

• TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are strange and awesome (and stubborn) machines - you are doing everything right. Just keep doing it & be patient. Your work will pay off. Add weight training ASAP - muscles will help build fat and make your belly look leaner until the fat melts off of it also. Don't give up - the lbs & inches will come off before you realize it!
  • thin2be2013
    thin2be2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    With my journey my weight loss slowed way down also.... but if you keep on--keeping on with especially what your surgeon tells you to do...it does come off. Now with the belly fat....that was an issue and still is for me...I now have "belly jelly". It is hide-able with compression undershirts and all, but still there and my belly was the very last thing to go, but when I look at my before pics , I had one huge *kitten* belly....so I am very thankful for what I have now. Try to enjoy the ride...this is a life changing event.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I might add that might help, is to add resistance to your workout. Eg. instead of just walking, trying walking with leg weights (even 1lb), or walking on an incline if using a treadmill. Your body is getting use to the "usual" workout you are doing and needs to be challenged a little more. Just a thought. As for the tummy, your body takes fat off where it wants and we can't get the fat to come off in one particular area. Thou it would be nice. Hang in there, you are doing great!
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Agree with the rec of adding resistance. A couple of year ago pre op I worked with a trainer doing circuit training. The circuits usually were 45 min with warmup/cool down but the 30 min of workout was quick, kinda fun and burned cals like crazy. Also, muscle raises your bmr so you burn more even just sitting. Just a thought! Keep up the good work and the weight will budge!
  • kcbhopkins
    kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for listening. I am frustrated, but I am also thankful for the good things this surgery had done for me. I guess the closer I get to goal, the more frustrated I get with how slow things seem to be happening! :smiley:
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sounds like things are happening the way they are suppose to. That is a good thing IMO. It will take longer and be harder because you are almost at goal. Hang in there it will happen!