Prospective Fitbit Owner

Options
SaraShyding
SaraShyding Posts: 51 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Thinking seriously about getting the fitbit surge! I'm curious if it would be adequate to take over as my work watch if I'm going to spend that kind of money. I don't want to wear two big watch type things. So the watch I have now resets itself every night and it has hours, minutes, and seconds. Is this fitbit comparable or would I have to continue wearing both? If not I'd probably just get one of the cheaper ones with less functions.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The surge has:
    • Normal Watch (a couple different faces to select from)
      34k9e3c7p0j0.jpg

• Resets at midnight
    • Displays Steps, HR, Distance (stride length setting is important for this), calories burned total (BMR + activity + exercise), Floors (just for fun, doesn't effect calorie burn and changes in air pressure can count as floors)hcy6cs0fb6go.jpg
    • Is touch screen
    • Exercise Mode/shortcuts (there are a bunch to choose from, but you can only have 7 active on the device at a time)
    • Run Mode (Free Run uses GPS, Treadmill, and Lap Run uses GPS) is always available on the device
    Exercise and Run modes, when you stop them, you get a summary of how the activity impacted your day on the watch face. You can view this information later on your phone or the Fitbit dashboard. qqczz1ksbwk2.jpg

Now, if you want to go a bit cheaper, then I'd do the Charge HR. You can still turn on "exercise mode", but you can't specify the activity. It also doesn't have the GPS and music control or I think text notifications (pretty sure it still gets the call ones, the screen probably isn't big enough for text).
  • SaraShyding
    SaraShyding Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks a bunch for your response! I think I'm sold! :smiley: