Nervous... got P90X off TV infomercial

Options
whatsizbucket
whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
I am nervous!

Not really fit at all, but feel that I can do the modified exercises safely (at least I hope). Am I insane for getting this program?

Replies

• dereck2600
    dereck2600 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just go by the directions. It's a great program. I bought it years ago and I still have it now. Push yourself but don't overdue it. Good luck
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • paleobacon
    paleobacon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Also, don't feel bad if their pace is too fast. I tended to feel pressure to keep up with them and then I'd keep stopping. Go at a pace that's comfortable for you, even if it doesn't match the pace they're going on the DVD. Modify as needed and remember that any exercise is good for you!
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous, tons of people have walked this path before you and wherever you're at today I guarantee someone worse off than you has done it. Just push play everyday - it's that simple! You got it!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I understand completely how you feel! I really hesitated to get P90X, but I have also had it for years and love it. I agree with previous posts, push yourself - but don't over do it...modify when necessary. Keeping track is a good idea so you can watch your improvements. good luck!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    That was my very first program. It took me a couple of times to complete it, but I did. Don't be nervous. One day at a time. modify when you need to, eat right and hydrate. Good luck!