Insanity help. Can't do it?

Options
So I'm on my second day and I couldn't do about half of the exercises. During my fit test yesterday I got worried because of the some of the exercises involving push ups. Then today I felt like half of the video involves push ups.

When I was younger I had a really big cyst in my left wrist between the bones. So my wrist is really weakened and I favor it still.
I didn't even try the exercises today that involved push up motions because I'm too afraid to injure my wrist.
I do not want to quit under any circumstances, but I can use some guidance about this.

Replies

• stevesplan100
    stevesplan100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its all about the effort put in not keeping up with the video. Go at your pace and dont hurt yourself. All your strength and fitness will come in time. I cant advise you on your wrist but input from doctor will set you on the right path with that one...
    finally. .. and importantly. ...
    have a blast. .. insanity is awesome to make you feel good physically and emotionally with a grest sense of achievement
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Modify where you need to, and just try your best!
  • iam4life
    iam4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have wrist issues, too, and I found that push-up handles help tremendously. I found mine at a sporting goods store.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Insanity is no joke! Its a tough work out....modify (this is the only fault with Insanity - nobody showing modifications), do what you can. push yourself, but don't push so hard you are going to injure yourself. Even if you can't do it all you'll still be burning calories and making health improvements...good luck!
  • lmramos1
    lmramos1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Absolutely modify and listen to your body. Sounds like anything with pressure on your wrists might be questionable. I would try building strength on your wrists, so do maybe a few modified push ups then do something else that keeps your heart rate up. In time you should be able to do more modified push ups then maybe do regular ones. Just don't give up.