Fitbit steps on MFP Newsfeed

Options
QueenYoyo
QueenYoyo Posts: 9 Member
First, I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. Is there a way to get my steps from my Fitbit to show on my Newsfeed for MFP? I have MFP friends that don't have a Fitbit that I'd like to share the info with. Thanks!

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    On your phone, in the MFP app, go to More, then Steps, make sure the Don't track steps is not ticked and make sure that Fitbit is checked. Close MFP, when you reopen it your newsfeed should have the steps showing now.
  • QueenYoyo
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On your phone, in the MFP app, go to More, then Steps, make sure the Don't track steps is not ticked and make sure that Fitbit is checked. Close MFP, when you reopen it your newsfeed should have the steps showing now.

When I do that, it shows my steps on my phone under "TODAY" at the top, but doesn't show in the newsfeed showing my MFP friends my steps for each day. I'm wondering if it has to be logged as exercise in MFP?

• FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mine also just shows up in Today. Not on my newsfeed. I've searched for a solution but found none. Posts just suggest making an announcement post manually.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is a way for it to show in your news feed (probably because the number of steps isn't set in stone until the day is over with).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fitbit exercise, steps & burns do not post to your MFP newsfeed. Just post a status update.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Fitbit exercise, steps & burns do not post to your MFP newsfeed. Just post a status update.

^^^^^ This: editorgrrl is correct. I can see it on my newsfeed but my friends can not.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Post all the stats for that matter, because steps by themselves can be misleading and not meaningful.
    Steps and distance.

But a midnight status update likely won't be seen by as many.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Whenever I try to unchecked the Don't track steps on my phone app, I just get the endlessly circling circle spinning. I miss seeing whether the steps did sync just before closing the diary.
  • QueenYoyo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. Great idea to just post the stats myself in a status update. Wish I could post a screenshot, but it doesn't look like you can attach a photo?