Gaining calories overnight

Options
ferafish
ferafish Posts: 12 Member
Not sure if this is a MFP problem or a fitbit problem, but recently I've found that I gain exercise calories overnight. For example, yesterday when I went to sleep I ended the day with 96 exercise calories. When I woke up this morning, yesterday's exercise calories went up to 175. This has been happening for about a week or so.

I use a fitbit one and I do use the sleep tracking function. My main source of exercise is running, and I use the fitbit to track that. Anyone know why I'm gaining exercise overnight and how to fix it?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you syncing right before bed or several hours before bed?
  • ferafish
    Options
    I normally check and do a sync shortly before bed.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Click on any adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it.

Adjustments are the difference between your projected 24-hour burn and your MFP activity level.
  • ferafish
    Options
    Yeah, I get that bit. But I go to bed at 10 with a 96 calorie adjustment, and wake up in the morning with yesterday's adjustment having jumped to 175. I would understand if the adjustment was going down as I sleep, since I'm not doing anything, but it decided to give me more as I slept? Did I toss and turn that much?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Adjustments are based on your projected burn as of 11:59 p.m. Click your adjustment at bedtime, write down the data, repeat when you wake, and compare the numbers.

Did you just get a Fitbit? Because my adjustments got better & better, as if MFP was "learning" my routine.
  • ferafish
    Options
    I've had mine since New Years, and it did 'learn' me, and stopped giving me calories only to take them away.
  • ferafish
    Options
    I think I might have figured it out myself. The time on my fitbit one didn't move forward for daylight savings. Given the time frame, the out of sync times may be the issue. I'm going to fix that and see if it helps.
  • ferafish
    Options
    Just fixed my time and suddenly I have 60 more exercise calories. I think that fixed it.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Yay!