FYI- Up24 Malfunction Warranty - Med & Small unavailable

Options
I purchased my Up24 in 6/2014 for $150 + tax. I am still under warranty.
Immediately replaced because vibration motor was malfunctioning.

Once replaced, I loved the bracelet, lost 55lbs and went from a 14 to a size 6-8 since.
I upgraded the platform to the 14 day battery life just a month ago after it started to fail on me.

Now, I charge my bracelet (on my Mac) and it says "14 days" battery.
6 hours later "3 days" battery
1 hr later "Charge immediately"
Basically my battery is toast. They refer to it as "Poor Battery Life", but battery is pretty much non-existent at this point.

I called the 1-800-Jawbone support. Did hard and soft reset, everything up to date, confirmed battery is dying/dead.
Expecting a replacement because of my warranty, I was informed that they are out of size Medium and Small in all colors (I had a M but thought S might work from the weight loss).

They offered me this as an alternative: Up Move (Value $49.95) plus a free wristband (14.95) and a $50 gift card.
Basic difference between 24 and Move is Move has watch battery and no vibration, can clip or be worn. Frankly I am really happy with the 24 and don't want to downgrade.

I asked "If I recieve the Up Move and have issues with it or don't care for it, will I be able to replace with UP24 once they become available?"
Answer: No- if you downgrade to the Up Move you are stuck with it. Also, your warranty doesn't reset, they only add 90 day extension to warranty. Meaning if I replace it either way they will only cover warranty until August/Sept anyway.

I like the Up24 and am interested in the UP3, but he was unable to give me any information on when it will be available.

So, now I am stuck with an Up24 that only lasts 6 hours, no way to replace it, and have to check in weekly (via phone or email with my case #) to see if they receive more in stock.

My advice to you guys- DO NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNGRADE and WAIT. If you don't like the UP Move you are stuck with it, and you are basically getting less for the money originally paid.

Their customer service is phenomenal, it is just supply vs demand which is frustrating. I am guessing that they didn't think to keep a reserve of the product for warranty OR that they have had to do so many replacements they are out. Not good either way.

Just wanted to share the info, since we are waiting patiently for the Up3. I did not ask if they would give me a credit for the Up3 when it is available, but I will certainly pose that question next time I call/email to check stock. I will update this thread and let you know if I get any news.

Hope you all are enjoying yours and having no issues!

Replies

• dtherese83
    Options
    Update: apparently, according to the Jawbone forum itself, people from 11/2014 have still not received replacements under their warranty.

Since my bracelet is defective (no tampering or misuse) I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that the company needs to remedy the situation.

I suggested they work with authorized retailers who have product in stock in order to satisfy their lack of product at corporate, so that Up24 users can replace their bracelets locally in a more timely manner.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting since the end of February for a replacement UP24. (Small, but I'd settle for medium.)

I refused the Move because I love the idle alert.
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah, they are no longer making the UP24 which sucks since I got mine new for Christmas.

Have you gone to the Jawbone website and downloaded the latest firmware update? I was having all kinds of problems with my bracelet, including battery time and I had to do the download twice. After the 2nd time, all problems were solved. My bracelet charge still isn't lasting the 14 days, but it will last for 7. Might be worth a try.