hello *awkward pause* just wanted to introduce myself :)

Options
imfree2bme
imfree2bme Posts: 16 Member
Hey all,

I've been coming around and reading post here since i joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I figured might be good to say hi. It is really encouraging to see this group. It is always challenging for me to align myself with groups like this not because of hater reasons but, more of me accepting my own genderbendy nature internally as well as publicly.

I think you all probably have had those friends that not only live in the closet but, call it home. I'm working on not doing that because its not fair to anyone, least of all me.

I feel like the more someone can be free to be themselves the happier they will be. Also, you're able to have people get to know more of you and less of the fake persona we put off. I have had these thoughts for the last five years and now its about taking the small steps to try and walk it out at the ripe old age of 31. lol...

So this is me...31 years old female who more/less is a social worker in the foster care field. I enjoy traveling the world,reading, music(both playing and listening), dry humor, nerdy things. I'm kinda shy and love learning. Where i live now doesn't have the beauty of the great lakes in Michigan although it is nice being in a different state living in a bigger city were you don't know everyone.

i'm looking to lose weight,feel more comfortable in my own skin and maybe make some friends in the process. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Cheers

Replies

• schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    imfree2bme wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I feel like the more someone can be free to be themselves the happier they will be.

Totally true! Also imagine all that energy someone has to put into keeping a fake person alive...I'm happy for you, that you try to change that/improve it. Good luck for that! It's a good decision!

What music/instrument are you playing? I tried to learn the guitar at some point but didn't go so well...I also played keyboard quite a while (3-4 years) when I was younger. Maybe I should try to look back into that...sometime I wish a day would have more then 24 hours ;-) so many things to do...
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    imfree2bme wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've been coming around and reading post here since i joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I figured might be good to say hi. It is really encouraging to see this group. It is always challenging for me to align myself with groups like this not because of hater reasons but, more of me accepting my own genderbendy nature internally as well as publicly.

I think you all probably have had those friends that not only live in the closet but, call it home. I'm working on not doing that because its not fair to anyone, least of all me.

I feel like the more someone can be free to be themselves the happier they will be. Also, you're able to have people get to know more of you and less of the fake persona we put off. I have had these thoughts for the last five years and now its about taking the small steps to try and walk it out at the ripe old age of 31. lol...

So this is me...31 years old female who more/less is a social worker in the foster care field. I enjoy traveling the world,reading, music(both playing and listening), dry humor, nerdy things. I'm kinda shy and love learning. Where i live now doesn't have the beauty of the great lakes in Michigan although it is nice being in a different state living in a bigger city were you don't know everyone.

i'm looking to lose weight,feel more comfortable in my own skin and maybe make some friends in the process. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Cheers

Im glad you wrote here! I wish you the best ❤️
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want more friends on here. Are you originally from Michigan? I grew up in mid Michigan, but lived in New York for the past ten years until I recently returned to the midwest (St. Louis). I gather you recently moved; it is kind of nice being in a new place, although it's hard to make friends as an adult! It feels like dating! Anyway, all the best to you.
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good to meet you, imfree! I just returned after a few months off. Lots of unfamiliar faces, but it will be fun getting to know you all!
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm going to be in St.Louis for a few days in summer too ;-)
  • speedys
    speedys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI Imfree, good to meet you, feel free to add me if your looking for more friends.
    Wife and I are working on becoming Foster Parents. What a challenging and rewarding profession.
    I'm a native Texan, so being out has not always been easy, but it has always been worth it.
    Good luck to you on walking your path!
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also work with kids. Juvenile offenders, many of whom have been through the foster system as well.
  • thewritingviolinst1
    thewritingviolinst1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you! We're all friends even if we don't talk. So if you ever feel alone, I personally think anybody here would be thrilled to talk!
  • ladyivymon
    ladyivymon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm laura. I'm a lesbian. And have 2kids. Both boys 10&12. I'm trying to loose weight Cus I'm not happy with how i look