March 2015

Options
fun4k
fun4k Posts: 26 Member
OK Accountabillibuddies,
Let's try a monthly thread approach and let's all post to that thread for that month.... save us having too many active threads at once, and see how that goes?

So here's the thread for March 2015, let's get it hopping!!

Replies

• rennid
    rennid Posts: 3
    Options
    HI everyone!

Renee here
  • fun4k
    Options
    Hi Renee, welcome!
  • fun4k
    Options
    Just to recount where I'm at... I'm about 70lbs overweight to begin with, and my general fitness level is very poor. The biggest challenge for me is to stay on a program consistently long term. Over the past couple decades I've embarked upon countless health and fitness campaigns... I've joined gyms everywhere I've been, etc... but I'll get all gung ho and motivated for weeks maybe even months, but EVERY TIME it's ultimately dwindled away and every step forward has turned into two steps backward - so that now here I am at 52 at me heaviest weight ever and I can't even maintain a light jog for 5 minutes.

Sooo... here I am again, embarking upon another one of my great health and fitness campaigns and to be perfectly honest I really don't know how this time will be any different... In any case, here I am and I'm begging you all for all the support and accountability you can offer! I know at the end of the day it's really up to me but I'm hoping a support community like Accountabillibuddies can help. I'll post more about my specific plans later, suffice to say that as for TODAY my intent is to do yoga and a good cardio session.

Kenny

• shans6410
    shans6410 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Shannon and I am a 32 year mom to 10 month old twins. Years ago I lost 60 lbs and got in great shape. I kept it off for many years, but unfortunately I had problems conceiving. After a year and a half of fertility treatments we finally succeeded after our first round of IVF. Here I am now 80 lbs overweight and very frustrated. I would ultimately like to get to 150 lbs or less and in great shape for myself and my children and husband.

I am learning to clean eat and would like to start with at least 20 minutes of activity at least 5 days a week. I am the type of person who needs people to kick me in the butt to keep me accountable. Tough love tends to be what I need!! Any tips and motivation is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting you all and feeling better about myself.
  • CarbingTemptation
    CarbingTemptation Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm hoping to just become healthier gradually, small changes to my diet and actually start exercising with regularity. Some delightful side effects of that will hopefully be a better figure and more strength and endurance.

I really want my main focus to remain healthy choices rather than weight loss, so I'm trying to gradually make better changes that I can stick with than change everything at once and battle with it (I'm so very weak willed).

Currently hoping to complete C25K 3x a week and maybe throw in the odd bit of yoga or pilates now and again. My daily calorie total is 1500, I know I said weightloss isn't a focus but it's really helping me choose better food for energy, and not pick up so many sugar laden treats. This is apparently just a little over what I naturally burn in a day with a slow lifestyle (I'm much more cerebral than physically active), so hopefully it'll help get my choices in check.

Mainly looking forward to a happier, healthier me!

Hoping some of us can cheer each other on, I'm open to quick snack/recipe ideas (particularly if they're cheap, I'm a student, so sometimes the healthiest options are downgraded for cost) and little lifestyle changes to keep me going.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cheryl. I am currenlty 100 pounds overweight. I am 5'2" and 218 pounds. (was 220 last Wednesday, off to a great start). I am trying for a third time to lose half of me. In 2013 I was trying to the max, working out mad hard, parking the farthest I could everywhere I went, nothing but salads and fresh veggies and fruits, and I gained weight. I went to the docotor to find I have PCOS, Poly Cystic Ovarion Syndrome, which made me insulin resistant. This meant my body was storing eveything I ate as fat due to being in starvation mode because my cells would not absorb glucose, causing my body to overproduce insulin and testosterone. I was put on Metformin to correct this, but my body could not handle it. I became too sick to function, and therefore I had to stop and weight watching was useless.
    For my second attempt I started a PCOS natural diet, something meant to correct PCOS without medication. That lasted a whole month. It was too stringent and I do not have the self discipline.
    So, the weight kept coming. Bringing me to 220 pounds and size 22. I met Peter, my now fiance. He accepted me, loves me and supports me in everything I do. We have been trying for over a year to have a baby. PCOS makes that next to impossible without medication, but I went 3 months without a period and we got super excited, only to find my PCOS had gotten worse and now was affecting my cycle. I found a new doctor, and we got my cycle going again....for over 30 days. I ended up hemmoraging twice and going to the ER barely escaping blood transfusions. My new doctor started me on an extended release metformin and did a D&C surgery on February 12th. I have not only tolerated this extended release, but now I feel better than I have in years. I decided it was time to give Peter a wife he can be proud of.
    We are getting married October 10, 2015 and going to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon. I have 7 months to either have a rockin beach bod, or a plump preggers belly. Either way, weight loss is not just for the vanity for me, but the health.
    I have experienced things in the last few years with my weight gain I am not proud of. I have learned to yawn to hide being super out of breathe from simple everyday tasks, such as climbing stairs, mounting my horse, having sex, walking too fast....I now have to lift parts of my body to wash under folds of fat, I have to powder those same areas to prevent smell and sores. I have a hard time finding clothes I feel comfortable in, let alone pretty in. I feel the shame and looks of people looking at me and Peter together wondering what such a nice looking, well built man is doing with such a fatty. I avoid having my picture taken, I cant ride roller coasters cause I am too big, airplane travel is a embarrassing and uncomfortable....I am embarrassed my my flabby arms, my bra imprint, the red marks on my belly from pants being too tight, not being able to tie my shoes without great effort. The list goes on and on. I dont want this for myself anymore, or for Peter, or our future children.
    This time I am not only motivated for the reasons listed above and others I havent even shared, but because now my life and future is more promising than ever and I have so much to live for. So, lets talk about my goals.
    Short term, I want to get off my blood pressure and cholesterol medications by being more active and eating healthier.
    Long term, I want to lose about 2 pounds a week until I get to a size 10. My weight is not as important to me as my pant size, but to have a number to aim for I am putting 130 as my goal.
    My fears: Losing weight but having excess skin, My family and friends being annoyed at my lack of free spirit I had when it came to eating, and my tendency to be inconsistent.
    SO, I know this is a long entry, but this is essentially why I joined this group. I need people to remind me of why I am doing this, to understand and share in the struggles I am trying to escape. Peter is healthy and an ideal weight. He loves and supports me no matter what I do, and even though he cheers me on, he will always be the loving, supportive man he always has whether I succeed or fail. He does not understand the tears when I get frustrated and feel ugly. I need people who know what this is like, and who will know the right things to say to keep me going.
    I have 88 pounds of weight and a thousand pounds of pressure to get off me. I am excited for the journey and grateful you guys will be on it with me.
  • cchonka
    cchonka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Claudia. I live in Greenville, SC with my 10 year old son.

I've been on MyFitnessPal for a couple years but have really never been involved with the 'Community' part of it. Mainly just for the food logging and it's vast collection of food. This past week I've been trying to gain friends for motivation on here. It's working out very nicely. If we're not friends please friend me.

I'm about 30 lbs overweight. I have a minor weight loss goal of about 13 lbs with in the next 12 weeks. I've been eating healthier within the past 2 weeks. Plus I want to achieve a daily goal of 12,350 steps on my FitBit. I'm short so the 12,350 steps equals 5 miles. For exercise I plan on hiking, zumba, dance, running, walking, and weights. I hope it works out.

CW: 159.5
    GW: 147
    Long term GW: 135
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen and I joined MFP just over a year ago, I lost 20 lbs then gained it back plus more. If I want to be around for my children I really need to get this weight off for good. My big problem is I love my junk food, chips, chocolate, fast food, anything bad for you is probably my favorite. I need to lose 70lbs. I also have high blood pressure and am on 3 pills for that and I would like to be off of them. I have now found out I have a heel spur, I have heard to them before but sure didn't know how painful it is, at times I can barely walk and for me that is the exercise I do most. I have always seemed to help others than myself and it is time to do this for me. In December I will be 50 and would like it to be a great birthday
  • strongheart145
    strongheart145 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. My name is jack. I am 51 years old and trying to get into a healthier lifestyle by making better choices. I am about 15 pounds heavier than I would like to be. I have started running, after years of giving it up. I want to incorporate a better diet and work on all areas of my health, not just my cardio through running. Like many who have posted here, I have not been consistent with my exercise and diet. I will be supportive of everyone in this group and would like to be friends with all as well. Please feel free to add me. I would also appreciate if anyone is interested in contacting me about if they could push me in an assertive way to help me stay focused.
  • JRPISBACK
    JRPISBACK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well hello all. Thanks for the invite. I am 51 years old and I've been using MFP for a little over a year now but am still not to active on these groups or boards yet. However, I do want to amp up my focus again. I have lost 37 lbs to date. I first found a really awesome zumba class . A drop in style class meaning I only pay when I go. The only New Years resolution I've ever made and kept annnd I succeeded toooo. I resolved to never miss a wednesday class and I am still not missing them. It's great fun, I've met new friends and I feel awesome. It's led me to other activities I otherwise may not have even tried. I love this healthier lifestyle . However I need aall the help I can get as far as being held accountable goes......food, that's my issue and evenings is when I like it the most. ugh. Anyway that's a little bit about my current state. I'll get back here soon. thanks again
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Doug. I'm 51 and need to lose about 51 pounds. I've been on MFP for about 18 months, but have struggled lately.
  • fun4k
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for coming in and posting about yourselves. So now just keep coming back in and posting progress reports! Even if you're struggling, that's when we need encouragement most.

As for me, I'm on track... another couple pounds down as of today. Sitting around 249 and my target is 185 - I also have some specific fitness goals in addition to weight loss... pullups, pushups, dips, yoga, running, etc... I'll post more specifics next visit

Kenny
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My name is Julie, I'm 33yo, and am just starting on my weight loss journey. I am tired of never finding clothes that fit correctly, getting tired easily, and always being the "fat girl". My most recent wake up call was when my family went to Disney and Universal Studios, and I was almost too big to fit on the rides, my feet hurt so badly after the first few days I could barely walk, the airplane seat was uncomfortably tight, and I saw myself in the pictures that were taken. I decided it is time to take back my life, and now I need to keep myself motivated to do that. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, always finding an excuse why I couldn't do it, but no more.

SW: 283
    CW: 275
    GW: 150

Thanks for your time, feel free to friend me!
  • radiostar41
    radiostar41 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Dee Dee,

I'm 35.. About 8 years ago I gained a little over 30 pounds in 1 month from an undiagnosed underactive thyroid. I went from 170 to around 200. 2 kids later I'm still hanging around the 210 mark. I didn't gain much with each pregnancy so I was able to take that weight off pretty quickly. Now with my thyroid in check.. I have no excuses... I also have no support. I've been a MFP member for about 2 years and never engaged anyone to help. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm still 210 and want to weigh 150.

Goals

60 pound loss through a healthy relationship with food and exercise
    40:30:30 nutrition
    Become the active person I used to be
    Set a good example for my kids
    Stop being the fat girl

CW 210
    GW 150

Long term goal 140

• fun4k
    Options
    Hi Dee Dee and Julie!! Welcome, you're at the right place. The main thing is keep coming back and posting your progress. It looks like you're both on track... as for me I'm down 7 lbs as of yesterday.

SW 256.9
    CW 249.9
    GW 185

I also hadn't had a drink in 20 days as ofl last night, but I had some good friends in town who I may not see again for a long time (or ever) so I went out drinking, ended up eating a pizza... and even blowing $200 gaming online... so a chink in the armour but I'll pick myself up and get back ontrack.

I'm very glad to have you all here sharing this journey with me. B)
  • Cambriac
    Cambriac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello to all,

Kenny, thank you for creating this group and for posting a link to find it!

My name is Sharon my weight loss journey began in April '12 with 100 lbs. to lose. I began following a low glycemic eating plan, cut out all processed foods, grains, soda, sugars etc. In the beginning I was quite active and lost on a steady pace. Made it down to 140 from 205. But...

My work schedule changed and with that I was stuck behind a desk for 12 hrs. a day (unable to walk at breaks and lunches any longer) and my weight loss came to a halt. I kept eating healthy and more or less maintained my weight for about a year and a half or so.

Now for the first time in 3 yrs. I'm struggling. The holidays this year I allowed a nibble here and there. Now I'm facing an extra 15 lbs. and finding it so hard to stay with my clean eating. I began with clean eating not only for weight loss but also because any sort of grain I eat makes my joints hurt and causes so much inflammation.

To be accountable I suppose I need to state that for the remainder of March, I will eat only those foods on my eating plan (no tastes or nibbles ) and drink my recommended ounces of water each day.

SW 205
    CW 155
    GW 105 (yup, I'm short)
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marji! I'm hoping to lose 75 lbs by the end of this year. I'm 25 years old (almost 26) and have always been overweight. I was my heaviest last summer when I went to an urget care for a flu bug and they weighed me in at 298.7! That was a big kick in the head. I was always bigger, but not that close to 300 before. I started working out more and changing the foods I eat on a regular basis. I also started drinking water and cutting down on the soda. I didn't see that much change, but any change is better than nothing! I got to 286.0 for the beginning of this year and am currently at 274.0 - I am working on becoming more active and on top of going to the gym on a regular basis, I have been doing a few 5k walks and am going to start a c25k program and start running.

SW: 298.7
    CW: 274.0
    GW: 180 (So far - I want to see how I feel and where I want to go from there)
  • fun4k
    Options
    Hi Friends! Well I had a drinking weekend starting Sat night and on into Sunday and Monday (both days off). Drinking always compromises my health and fitness program, for example on Sat night I had planned to go to the gym after work, instead I ended up drinking with a couple friends and ending the night with a pizza!!

Now it's Wed and I'm either still hungover or I have some kind of cold/flu knocking me around... so I haven't been to the gym since Friday now. Diet has suffered some as well the past few days. In any case, the thing now is to get back on track asap and not let this become an extended train wreck. I actually haven't made any bad diet decisions since Monday (vindaloo from the corner shop, and a can of coke). But lack of exercise is a set back. Hopefully I'll be feeling right again quickly, but as of this morning I feel like hell in a handbasket.
  • cchonka
    cchonka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better. Drinking will usually get you off your routine for a day or two. You'll get back to it once you feel better. You may want to start going to the gym the day after to burn off some of the alcohol. No matter how bad you feel the day after, you should feel better after a workout.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    my name is Celia and I am a busy teacher with 3 children of my own. I've been battling with my weight for the last 6 years. I'm soon going to be 47 and really need some motivation to make this a continuous journey, rather than stop and restart habit I've fallen into. It is hard enough to find the time to work out plus I have the added stress of living in a 2 bed flat . As there are 5 of us in my family getting the front room to work out is a bit of a juggle, to say the least. . I hoping that this group will help me. Thanks for the invite and link:-) .
    CW 176
    GW152