Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any other c section moms?

justinegibbons
justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
do any of you ladies experience any pain or a burning sensation along your scar during exercise that engages your abs? My son is almost 3 1/2 and it burns! Mostly on the side where they closed off the incision.

Replies

• zoezebz1
    zoezebz1 Posts: 2
    I'd say I do but my son is only 3 months old but bathing it in salty water helps.... stings but helps x
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Yes, but mine is a new incision. Perhaps you have adhesions? Scar massage or MFR (myofacial release) may help. It did after my first.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    I had this. It was only when I conceived our second baby, and was fainting due to the pain from my scar, that they told me it is likely that I have a lot of adhesions due to an infection after my section.
    Sadly, they don't do anything for them as removing them requires surgery and will most likely result in more adhesions. Just make sure you stop when the pain starts.
  • do any of you ladies experience any pain or a burning sensation along your scar during exercise that engages your abs? My son is almost 3 1/2 and it burns! Mostly on the side where they closed off the incision.

Yes I do! I'm only post delivery 5 weeks
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Just had my 3rd c-section last Monday!! Still on meds and trying to recover slowly
  • kbeatty1010
    kbeatty1010 Posts: 2 Member
    My youngest is almost two and sometimes I have a sharp pain on the left side of my scar. Sometimes it feels like a pulling. Not often though.
  • lizpryor
    lizpryor Posts: 1
    Yes! I thought it was just in my head. I notice it a lot when I have a very active day. My baby is 9 weeks old.
  • mcarter1015
    mcarter1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes- with my first for a long time. I heard about an incision massage you can do, and I did that for a while it seemed to help. Now I just had another c section in jan, and I'm just starting to slowly workout again. Haven't experienced anything yet- but I haven't don't anything too strenuous either
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Yes I had 2 c sections and the scar tissue is really thick and the right side hurts or is it the left? I don't remember and it stings sometimes idk it's weird
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    I haven't had that experience when I exercise, (maybe bcuz i haven't done any rough exercise lol) .. but i do recall feeling a burning sensation when i over stretch my lower abdomen a couple of months ago. I had c-section 20 months ago.