let the count down begin!!

Options
TN_Tinker
TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
Finally got my surgery date! April 29th! Now the fun begins.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    OK! Heading into surgery can be awesome and exciting (and a little anxiety-provoking, too). Be sure to take good care of you. :)
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think waiting and doing the pre op was the hardest! We're all here for support!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You are going to do amazing
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the surgery date! Best wishes.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yay! You'll do great!
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. See you on the other side.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I hope you have as good of a experience as I had
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Thanks' everyone! The two-week diet is the most confusing right now, but I guess that's why they have a nut meeting with me next week. Yes, I am excited and scared kind of like going on a roller coaster ride! I am so relieved to know you are all here for me. I am sure there will be a thousand questions to be answered.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you.! They will explain everything to you at your meeting.! It will go quickly for you! Good luck.!
  • eyoung8705
    eyoung8705 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I got my surgery date....felt like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!! Today is the "official" start to my pre-op, but I started it Monday....it hasn't been to bad till I get home from work and now I just want everything I shouldn't have....but it will get better.....I just wish it was the 9th so then I will be a day post-op ;)
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    eyoung8705 wrote: »
    I was so excited when I got my surgery date....felt like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!! Today is the "official" start to my pre-op, but I started it Monday....it hasn't been to bad till I get home from work and now I just want everything I shouldn't have....but it will get better.....I just wish it was the 9th so then I will be a day post-op ;)

Let's hang in there. Together we can do this!

• rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yep! you are gonna do just fine! Hang in there and yes take care of yourself till then. I am happy your taking the next step!
    Good Luck!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you're gonna do great..so excited for you to begin your next part of your new life journey
  • Sammers48220
    Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The day I got my surgery date was one of the most exciting ever. Now I'm 2 months out and things are flying by. Best of luck, you're going to do great!
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    The day I got my surgery date was one of the most exciting ever. Now I'm 2 months out and things are flying by. Best of luck, you're going to do great!
    You are right! I was so excited, I was texting and calling everyone to let them know. They did not understand my excitement. I am glad someone here does.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm scheduled for 4/7 let me know if you ever want to chat...I am excited too, but as it gets closer it's gets nerve wracking :o
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Joysie, I am sure to follow you lots since you will be going through this right before me. We will surely chat!
  • joysie1970
    Options
    :) looking forward to it Tinker!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I had real troubles with gas issues post op, make sure you walk around the hallways often to help with gas being trapped from laparoscopy. You will do just great. Congrats. Everyone here is wonderful and a wealth of knowledge.
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Best of luck. I had real troubles with gas issues post op, make sure you walk around the hallways often to help with gas being trapped from laparoscopy. You will do just great. Congrats. Everyone here is wonderful and a wealth of knowledge.

Me too! When they say walk they aren't kidding it was the best piece of advice I got! You will do great ❤️