Day 75: 3/26/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Can you believe its already day 75?! Let's make this last quarter count!

I hit my goals yesterday.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. 2 mile run & strength

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my goals yesterday, but I did well (good workout, easily stayed within my calories, brought lunch), and ended up remembering how good I feel when I meet my goals.

Today:

1) Weights plus swimming (finally back in the pool)
    2) Bring lunch (done)
    3) Stay within calories/eating plan
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

I'm a dreamer!!!
    When I want something, I plan it in my head and I dream it, with vivid details, day in and day out. Last year around this time, we got our gym memberships and I began to lift. My dream was to be able to squat the weight of my body in plates.
    Yesterday, my dream came true!!!!
    It was exactly like I dreamed it would be!!!! I used to think that success will make me feel high and mighty. Truth is, once I succeeded, I felt incredibly humble. As I was hugging my husband, I felt such strong gratitude and appreciation for the entire humanity. Experiencing for myself the wonderful things our bodies are capable of doing, I urge you all to never give up working towards your goals.
    There are no limits and everything is possible!!!

My weight this morning: 187.4 lb
    Squat PR: 195 lb

Have a fabulous day !!!
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Danelutza!!! That is a super awesome accomplishment!

I have gotten off my routine of posting just because I was on spring break and then couldn't get myself back on schedule. Yesterday could have been a complete disaster but it turned out to be great. I woke up late and instead of just grabbing a quick non nutritious breakfast I took the time to get my oatmeal ready. I came home at lunch and fixed a healthy lunch and then swam after school. At church we had a potluck and I had chili with no added cheese, one piece of bread(which is a big deal for a carboholic like myself) and no desert. Definitely a success for the week!

Goals for today:
    1. Continue to eat healthy.
    2. Stay under calories.
    3. Finish yard work. (this will be my exercise for the day cause I won't make it to the gym.)

Good luck everyone!!
  • manderspage
    manderspage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Danelutza! So happy for you achieving AND surpassing your goal! I'm still working toward my goals - goes back to the old Girl Scout motto - believe it, achieve it!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Can't believe we are on day 75 already, it's amazing how fast the 100 days go! I have no true goals this week other than getting in a workout each day. Morning workout is complete and now we may head into town for a little sightseeing.
    Danelutza your are so inspiring, it makes me really want to reach my lifting goals and once I get back home will set up a serious program to start working towards that.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Didn't meet all my goals yesterday. Woke up late and didn't get my walk in. Got all my water in,was under my calories till I got home then I ate and ate.
    Today's goals were to get my steps take the dogs for a walk, drink all my water and stay under calories. As my husband was home I got to take the dogs for a walk separately. Hoping to do all this again tomorrow.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

I'm a dreamer!!!
    When I want something, I plan it in my head and I dream it, with vivid details, day in and day out. Last year around this time, we got our gym memberships and I began to lift. My dream was to be able to squat the weight of my body in plates.
    Yesterday, my dream came true!!!!
    It was exactly like I dreamed it would be!!!! I used to think that success will make me feel high and mighty. Truth is, once I succeeded, I felt incredibly humble. As I was hugging my husband, I felt such strong gratitude and appreciation for the entire humanity. Experiencing for myself the wonderful things our bodies are capable of doing, I urge you all to never give up working towards your goals.
    There are no limits and everything is possible!!!

My weight this morning: 187.4 lb
    Squat PR: 195 lb

Have a fabulous day !!!

Wow, that is SO incredibly amazing. Bodyweight squats are my current goal too--I'm close, but not quite there yet. A 195 PR is so fabulous.

It's been interesting shifting focus to weights somewhat, because I'm a huge goal setter and with stuff I've been doing for a while, like cardio, it was really easy to set goals, even if sometimes I knew they were on the ambitious side, and I've generally made them. With weights I realized I had no idea what reasonable goals even were, let alone what a realistic time frame would be.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you lemurcat12 !!! Very nice of you to take time out of your day to leave this comment.
    As far as time goes, it's different for everyone... If you follow a progressive load program where you add extra weight each workout you can somewhat approximate a date when your one rep max will hit. It also depends on how brave you feel... I was a little scared to even attempt a one rep max last year because I train alone so I wanted to be safe more than anything. I had my hubby with me this time and he makes me feel brave and strong so I just went for it.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Yeah, I can already tell that there's a significant mental component. Congrats again!