Easy, Quick Small Meals

Options
Ok twenty somethings, I am new to this and starting to do well with it so trying to stick with it. I am already finding things that work for me and my lifestyle. One thing i notice works really well is eating small meals several times a day to keep me going. Plus it is a big plus if preparation time is not too long & easy to make. So, what are your favorite "small" meals? (Other than the norm fruits veggies ect.) Thanks!

Replies

• a_marie52
    a_marie52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also am hooked on eating more smaller meals. The first few weeks I didn't really notice a difference. But now I'm starting to notice I have more energy overall and am more motivated, positive, and joyful. My new favorite small meal is baked oatmeal. I have never liked oatmeal...ever. But I tried a recipe and I instantly fell in love. I make it with a variety of fruit, whatever I have on hand. I love it because it's delicious warm or cold, it sticks with me for a long period, and it's great for any time of the day. I'll make a pan on Saturday or Sunday and eat it throughout the week!
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    I generally eat small meals. I am in law school, so the options are usually to eat on the go or takeout (which is a nightmare while dieting). I generally eat fruit bars, granola bars, pretzels, and the like if not fruits. Oh and the little bags of cereal you can buy in variety packs.
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    http://greatist.com/health/52-healthy-meals-12-minutes-or-less
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/quick-easy/three-ingredient-recipes/

I use my Chocolate SlimFast and throw in some berries and ice, put it in the blender, and drink it on my way to work in the morning. Takes like 5 minutes to make and still tastes good. Blueberries and strawberries work well, as do bananas.

Cut out a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, put it in a pre-heated buttered/greased pan, crack an egg in the center, and have "egg in a hole".

Get some light sesame dressing. Make mixed veggies, chicken, and rice as a stir fry. Add the dressing over top, and you'll feel like you're eating Chinese, but you can have it for under 300 calories.

Tuna burgers. They sound really gross, but they're actually pretty good and take less than 20 minutes. You can control the ingredients you put in, and the type of tuna you use, so you can make one for around 100 calories or you can indulge more and have it closer to 300 calories. Add the tuna, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper, mustard, an egg, and mix it all together. Form it into patties, then fry it up. You can also just cook it until it's browned like beef, then add it to salads instead.