Day One

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
I finished the workout with some difficulty. I have 2 conditions that make exercising a challenge: 1) a balance disorder and 2) severe osteoarthritis. The Surrenders were very difficult for me because I nearly lost my balance a couple of times while doing them. I did a quick google search and I think I've found something I can safely do that will work the muscles in a similar way without my risking toppling over.

Anyway, I'm blogging about it here: satia.blogspot.com/2015/03/21-day-fix-day-one.html

How is everyone else doing with the plan? Any tips or tricks you can share for the days ahead?

Replies

• mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I ordered the 21DF over the weekend and should be receiving soon. I too have osteoarthritis in my knees and read your blog. Good to know before starting. Thanks for all the tips.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    mrsmuckster Once I've done all seven workouts in the basic set, I'll be writing a final overview of the DVDs. Glad my blog could help. That's the reason I write the posts. :smiley:
  • mrsmuckster
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday, and woke up some muscles that my Walk At Home DVD's hadn't reached (but that's why I'm doing it). How do you record the 21 day fix exercise in MFP?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    mrsmuckster, I was just adding a new cardio exercise and set it to 1 calorie but I googled "calculate calories burned exercise" and found a few websites. I ended up using this one: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc which I saw mentioned here on MFP by other users. It may not be precise but it will get you in the general vicinity.
  • KyRiedy
    KyRiedy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got mine in the mail today, but my challenge group doesn't start until next Monday. I did Upper Fix today, and Cardio Fix last week using Beachbody on Demand. I have my Fitbit Charge HR synced to MFP, so it auto-adds my exercise calories.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Day one for me. I bought it mostly for the food plan. I'm so freaking outta shape. I have started and stopped running several times. Have finally committed to a 1/2 marathon in October, but have struggled to lose these last 20lbs from baby 3. My biggest struggle is portion control.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    For me, I don't have a problem with portion control. My husband is diabetic so we pretty much weigh and measure everything. However, I knew I wasn't getting enough balance in my diet so I will say the containers have helped me a little. I love the DVDs though. I haven't gotten bored yet and I am seeing a difference in my body. And I'm feeling a difference.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been following the food plan for the last week based on googled information, but my package finally arrived yesterday. So today is my official Day 1. Woke up early and did the Total Body Cardio Fix...well I'm still alive, so that's a good sign. Have the feeling I'll be pretty sore later, that was a tough workout! Most of them I did without the weight, based on my coach's recommendation. I definitely look more like the "modified woman" than the others, haha. The surrenders were awful, I agree, I'm too old to pop up and down like that! But I kept up pretty well with the rest. Time for breakfast!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger‌ Yes! You did it! I follow along with Kat as well and I don't even do the modified surrenders because my balance is so bad I nearly fell trying to get down and up. So I end up doing a forward and back lunge instead. Works the same muscle groups without my risking a fall.
  • jen973
    jen973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake f not following Kat on my first day and was so sore that I had to workout gingerly when it came to using my legs. Finally feeling more normal today. Lesson learned.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jen973 Oh my! I can only imagine. Part of the reason my husband I thought these DVDs would be a good fit for me is because I need to do modifications all of the time (per doctor's orders) so it would never occur to me to try to do the workout without modifying. And I know I was sore the next day. I can only imagine how much harder it was for you. But you still did day 2. Awesome!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That's a really good suggestion to do a lunge rather than the surrender. Thanks!!
  • mrsmuckster
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and has been easier than week 1 - "or maybe I'm just getting better". Still follow the modifier for many of the activities. Lunges are difficult for me with bad knees. I have balance issues too and have a chair by me if I need it - still working the muscles.
  • kbrowett
    kbrowett Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete. That kicked my butt and the stretches proved I'm super inflexible lol!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mrsmuckster Isn't that something Autumn says? The workouts don't get easier, you get better. You are doing it! I keep my lunges fairly high but low enough where I feel them.

@kkatieaamanda‌ LOL! I discovered I had lost a lot of flexibility during the stretches. That's why I am doing yoga every morning now. I want to regain some of my flexibility. Kiss my knee? Not lately but maybe I can back there someday.