When to treat and when not to treat

Options
katie5524
katie5524 Posts: 85 Member
so dieting or making healthy life choices how ever you want to put it :p we all still I think deserve a goodie everyonce in a while my ciropractor used to say 1 in 5 mean 1 treat every 5 days or so does anyone else follow this or do u just cut out all junk completely ?? Especially when losing weight and trying to focus on what you eat etc and staying away from that stuff how do u keep yourself from it my first instinct when I want sugar is usually to drink juice instead wich isn't healthy .... And when I want salt I usually shoot for like crackers lol vegetable thins are my fav ....

Replies

• naglady
    naglady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat maybe every one or two weeks.. depends on whats going on. and i dont always have the same cheat. i dont always have the same snack.. sometimes its a beer, or pizza, could be chips or ice cream.. I am doing the keto diet, and i try to work those extra carbs in on the days i cheat.. like haveing the rest of my day almost no carb foods, it works for me i lost 23 lbs since 12/18/14. and i dont work out. also if i cheat i will do it in 30 minute span.. unless its a couple beers, i dont time it. it takes me a couple days to start losing again but it works for me. i wouldnt be able to stay on it if i didnt have a cheat once in awhile.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of treats. The one in five is good, especially if your one of those people who can't live without treats. I am not one of those people who are addicted to sweets, so I only snack on special occasions.
  • katie5524
    Options
    That's a great idea ! Something I just noticed about myself is I stress snack so if I come home and idk my bfs grama is really nosy and she's actually gone through my things a few times for seemingly no apparent reason I've move out if I could afford to live on my own but I can't so im stuck anyways so if she's done something or is just being out right grumpy and rude ... I get really stressed out especially if it's right after I get home from a long day at work and well today it's happened and im sitting on the cout h literally just staring at the ceiling because all I want to do is eat something junkie ... What do I do when I feel like this!?
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    First of all, grab a bag of pork rinds. It sounds unhealthy, but it is full of protein and packs a good crunch. Only 80 calories per serving! Another good snack is veggie straws, which I've mentioned before. And if your looking for a soda substitute, skinny girl sparklers are delicious and fizzy, so it feels like your drinking soda. About ten calories per seventeen ounce bottle, and where I live it is only 50 cents per bottle.
  • katie5524
    Options
    Thnks I found some whol grain crackers that are about 90 cals per 4 crackers .... I also threw a bunch of stuff in a garbage bag and vacuumed while blasting some music I feel a little better now .... For te most part where do u live if you don't mind me asking lol
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    I don't mind, I live in central Florida. The prices may vary, however. I doubt very much.
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    I doubt it is different by much, I mean.
  • katie5524
    Options
    Okay I'm waaaaay up in Canada haha :p But I'm sure we have similar stuff lol
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    :p
  • katie5524
    Options
    :p
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    Emoticon War!!!!!! :) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :p:p:po:)o:):D:D:o:p
  • katie5524
    Options
    :D<3:o:#
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    :):):):):D:D:D:D<3<3<3<3 (*) (*) (*) (*) >:)>:)>:)B):o:o:o>:)B)B)B):oo:)o:)o:)o:)
  • katie5524
    Options
    Lol
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    :p I win by default!
  • S1508
    S1508 Posts: 14
    Options
    How funny :D
    Even if I don't want to eat unhealthy foods I have to, if I visit some friends. As a guest I can't say that I don't want to eat their food. Do you have a solution for that ?
  • katie5524
    Options
    Well you could say sorry I'm on a strict healthy lifestyle choices diet and im really trying to stay away from eating too much " chocolate" or w.3 it is their your friends they should respect it and say okay that's fine are toastitos multigrain chips okay ?

If they haze you and say oh cmon its just one thing etc then just be more firm with them and say sorry but I'm not hungry that or let yourself have ONE ! Lol

But it's never ride to say no to your friends and if they take it that way then they can shove it haha :p
  • sunnydays851
    Options
    Like what katie said, you should only have a bit to share they're feelings, but not too much.
  • katie5524
    Options
  • S1508
    S1508 Posts: 14
    Options
    The problem ist that they talk about my past, when I ate nearly anything. If I don't eat their food they ask me if I don't eat again. I don't like it, if they talk about that, but I don't talk much about my problems , so I couldn't tell them the truth.