I wish I felt like this all the time...

Options
IslandSneezerooo
IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
It's the week after TOM is gone and I feel AMAZING. I have my energy back, I'm able to be productive, I feel happy and content, nothing is pissing me off or annoying me anymore, cravings are gone, hunger is normal again, I'm satisfied when I finish eating a regular healthy meal, I'm sleeping well and wake up feeling rested... I wish I could feel like this all the time. What a contrast to the past month of feeling the exact opposite (had an extra long 65 day cycle)! What time of the month do you feel best?

Replies

• IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    Huh. Guess it's just me. LOL
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! I almost responded.. "yesssss I feel amazing because I just had my period last week and I have so much energy!" and then I read the 65 days part and was like... oh man my period being delayed by 2 weeks and then lasting 1 day longer is nothing to complain about. lol!
    But I do feel amazing this week.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    HAHAHA! I almost responded.. "yesssss I feel amazing because I just had my period last week and I have so much energy!" and then I read the 65 days part and was like... oh man my period being delayed by 2 weeks and then lasting 1 day longer is nothing to complain about. lol!

Too funny... I figured all PCOS'ers could relate so thought it was interesting not a single person replied... Maybe everyone is in hormone hell ATM and can't remember a time when they felt amazing...
  • hem0218
    hem0218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Quit bragging! Jk. I'm nearing my TOM & I feel so nauseous. :( I'm all too familiar with the 2 months between periods. I've gone close to 4.5 months without a period. The past 7 months my periods have returned to once a month so I'm pretty thankful and keeping my fingers crossed. I started with cutting out stress, drinking more water, and a daily multivitamin. The past 3.5 months I included daily exercise and a low carb/ high fat diet. I haven't lost much weight (downside of PCOS) but I feel a lot better. Best of luck, girl!
  • asm2014
    asm2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i feel best when i get my period!! i used to wait 4-5-6 months for my period, now i wait 40-45 days which is awesome!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »

Too funny... I figured all PCOS'ers could relate so thought it was interesting not a single person replied... Maybe everyone is in hormone hell ATM and can't remember a time when they felt amazing...

LOL I wanted to reply but my periods are never late, ever. Spot on 29-30 days every single month and has been that way since I started when I was 10 years old. But I do have more energy after it is all over. And i feel better about myself and my mood and happy to be able to move and go for walks and stuff again.
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    asm2014 wrote: »
    i feel best when i get my period!! i used to wait 4-5-6 months for my period, now i wait 40-45 days which is awesome!

Oh man... I remember those days too! When I went off BC in my mid 20's my cycle was REALLY wonky... I'd get like 3 cycles a year... and looooooong periods of hormonal meltdowns... not fun! For the past 3 years I've usually averaged 35 day cycles, but the last couple months have been unusually long and angsty for whatever reason... Been on metformin & inositol for almost 2 weeks and really hoping for a miracle...
  • IslandSneezerooo
    Options
    Last night something shifted hormonally... Trouble sleeping, cravings and irritability are back again... That was short lived!
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My periods tend to show up and way outstay their welcome. I'm pretty regular - every 28-30 days, but the bleeding lasts anywhere from 4-15 days, and I usually feel like I'm recovering from mono afterward.

I had an IUD (mirena) placed last month, so I'm kind of interested to see if it helps with those symptoms at all; I know it's not going to help with the PCOS, but just having some stability with the hormones would be nice.
  • BlondeNklutzi
    BlondeNklutzi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling! I've varied most of my life with cycles anywhere between 3 and 8 months long. Unfortunately I have the opposite problem right now and am having 11-15 day cycles with spotting in between. My ovaries hate me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, changing my entire way of eating impacted my "feeling awesome" to all the time. I still have hormonal mood swings, but they are far more manageable! So, for me...I feel awesome most of the time now - and it's been a long time coming, in all honesty!
  • rowclic
    rowclic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cheekitty wrote: »
    My periods tend to show up and way outstay their welcome. I'm pretty regular - every 28-30 days, but the bleeding lasts anywhere from 4-15 days, and I usually feel like I'm recovering from mono afterward.

I had an IUD (mirena) placed last month, so I'm kind of interested to see if it helps with those symptoms at all; I know it's not going to help with the PCOS, but just having some stability with the hormones would be nice.

I've had a Mirena in place for almost 5 years now. As I was almost in my 40s and wasn't planning on any more babies, I had considered having a tubal but then OB said that wouldn't help with the lack of period and risk of uterine cancer. With the Mirena, the lining of the uterus doesn't thicken - very nice side effect - which greatly reduces the cancer risk in us PCOSers. The result for me has been almost no periods and when I do get them, it's a panty liner for a day or so and done! I hope you have the same great results!