Looking for Support

Options
gailhuckins
gailhuckins Posts: 1 Member
Hi - Hope I am doing this correctly - I returned to MYFITNESSPLAN two weeks ago. I have always struggled with weight loss but when I put my energy into it I usually can shake pounds. This time it will be different. One hip has been replaced and I have significant pain in the other hip but it is to soon to replace. Knee pain, arthritis, I could go on and on. I am not sure how to lose weight without and exercise program and not sure what if any exercise I can do. Feeling overwhelmed and sad. I on the bright side I have dropped 5 pounds just by better eating habits, but I know me and somehow I need to find a way to exercise or replace exercise....

Replies

• bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do sitting exercises?
  • hope286
    hope286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can you do something in a pool? Water takes the pressure off of your joints and makes them less painful.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Google sedentary exercises. These will help you while you aren't able to do aerobics. Are better than just sitting. Best to you!
  • soosew
    soosew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I seem to share the same problems with you. I am waiting for a hip replacement consultation and trying to shed some weight. I walk slowly in water and have been shown a few simple exercises in the water. On dry land I have to use walking sticks or a scooter. I am trying to get 30 minutes of exercise 3times a week. Certainly helps to take my mind off the relentless pain.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Seated aerobics.https://youtube.com/watch?v=OA55eMyB8S0. There are tons of videos on Youtube. You can get a pedal-er and use your hands ($20) isokineticsinc.com/product/spe1,Chair dancing :) http://www.chairdancing.com/. I have been trying to walk more, but my knee has swollen up and stiffened up and is in real pain, so I am off it for a couple of days. Then I will try to do one of these things, just to do SOMETHING. The most important thing is the diet though :)