Don't be a SLAVE to the SCALE

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I encourage everyone to not be a slave to the scale! I would also encourage you to measure before you start this, many times your body shrinks before you see the pounds drop. Remember to embrace drinking more water, exercising more, eating better and moving towards a more healthy lifestyle. 8nsrs0mttobn.jpg

Replies

• walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love it :)
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think I am a slave to the scale. I weigh every morning. However, I don't freak out over a small gain from one day to the next. I have been doing it long enough I know what to expect. If I see a gain two days in a row then I know I am slipping somewhere and I take care of it. I am new enough to this that I don't exactly trust myself to go for a week without weighing. One of these days I will though.
    I do take my measurements and I am thrilled with the inches I have lost.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a slave to the scale! I take measurements too but I know I focus more on what the scale says!

Love this chart, kinda wish I had thought of something like this earlier :smiley:
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am actually not going to weigh myself until the final weigh in, gonna track my cals and increase my exercise to do this!
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I weigh-in daily, take my measurements monthly, and track strength records. It's nice to see the big picture! That said, the scale is more important to me than measurements, since my primary goal is health and to hike/run/bike longer and faster and with less damage to my joints. For aesthetics, measurements are probably more important. :)
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love the chart! Thanks!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, too. I have a small notebook that I keep track of my weight and workouts in, then I can look back and see if a change-up in my workout routine may have something to do with the scale not moving. For example, I just started running and didn't think anything about it. The scale didn't move for a week! That was really sad for me, but then I realized that it also coincided with starting to run. So maybe my body was just holding onto some extra water to help repair all those lazy muscles that are now being used.
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks for the chart!!
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chart! I think it will be a big plus for I'm guilty of being a slave to the scale.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love it, thanks for posting!
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am doing Whole30 right now... so I can't really weigh myself until 22 April. So I will not have weigh in the first two weeks.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Love this! I don't always follow it but great advice!!
  • Skinniedipper
    Skinniedipper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a slave to the scale! And the last couple of weeks have been discouraging to see such a small change, but yesterday I managed to squeeze back into an old pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get on for over 2 years! It was a huge motivator to keep going :smiley:
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a slave to the scale! And the last couple of weeks have been discouraging to see such a small change, but yesterday I managed to squeeze back into an old pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get on for over 2 years! It was a huge motivator to keep going :smiley:

Being able to wear those jeans is WAY more important than whatever your scales say!

• nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - just what I needed! My weight isn't changing much at all but I know my clothes are fitting better.
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    For 2 weeks I was a slave to the scale! ! No weight loss at all. This week ( I weigh in on Friday) I'm down 3 pounds!!! But I did notice that I went down one shirt size though. My pants still fit the same though.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have been frustrated by the scale this week. I have doing all the "right" things and the scale is just not wanting to go down. I do believe it will decide to move at some point though :)
    Hang in there everybody!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale anymore because it was too anxiety provoking for me. I just weigh myself about every 6 weeks or so at my doctor's office! :)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that the weeks the scale doesn't move much are the same weeks that the measuring tape does.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I've noticed that the weeks the scale doesn't move much are the same weeks that the measuring tape does.
    I've noticed the same thing with my clothing size going down even when the scale doesn't!