Day 81: 4/1/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
80 days down, 20 to go!

I hit my goals yesterday. We went grocery shopping as well and ended up at BJs. For anyone unfamiliar, BJs is a wholesale club, so you buy everything in bulk. I had a coupon for Talenti gelato and bought a giant tub of the sea salt caramel variety. OMG it's sooo gooood! And as a bonus, Mr. Ting tried a little and didn't like it, which makes it all mine!

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. rest day

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Good morning! What a difference a day makes yesterday was gorgeous and 18c today is blowing like crazy 1c and calling for snow. Right now it's raining so hopefully the snow won't materialize.
    Met all my goals yesterday and was under calories.
    Today's goals:
    Stay within calories
    Have a Bod Pod appt to get a body fat analysis today (scary especially after vacation)
    Strength training
    And not blow away in this wicked wind. Lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    BJ's sounds good. One of these days I will get around to joining Costco. Hit my goals yesterday, but had a bit of a stress freakout thinking of everything I have to do through the weekend, so decided to give myself a bit of an exercise deload week. Not huge, but just so that I'd stop worrying about making every single one of my workouts.

Goals for today: (1) stay below calorie goal and log well; (2) don't use work lunch as an excuse to go off plan and bring some extra veggies to supplement in the afternoon; (3) get in planned weight workout; and (4) prepare for tomorrow tonight and get to bed at a reasonable hour.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Yesterday was very lazy and felt strange... I am pretty proud of doing my pull-ups training with dedication. It's taking forever, it hurts a lot but I'm not stopping till its done!!!
    April is here !!! A new beginning always brings a certain excitement!
    Ready to take on the day, crush my workout and enjoy life!
    Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    @danelutza19 What pull up program are you doing? Pull ups are one of my big goals too and I'm curious.
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Hi SingRunTing, I'm following Scooby's program. It's simple and effective. As usual, the simple programs are the hardest. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts. I got gloves because my hands were getting torn. Also, I supplemented the program by adding 3 sets of dumbbell bent-over-rows at the end!
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    Hi SingRunTing, I'm following Scooby's program. It's simple and effective. As usual, the simple programs are the hardest. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts. I got gloves because my hands were getting torn. Also, I supplemented the program by adding 3 sets of dumbbell bent-over-rows at the end!
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/

Thanks! I'm going to look into it.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Met all my goals yesterday and I'm really looking forward to these last 20 days being my most successful days.

Goals today:
    1. Stay under calories
    2. 30 minutes on elliptical plus crunches.
    3. Get ready for tomorrow, it will be a busy day.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Met all goals yesterday. Was very happy with all my hard work. Today I have already got my steps, went on a hour long walk. Feel really good about that.Working on my water and have 620 calories left for supper. Took the rest of the week off from work, to rest my hand. Hoping to get a lot of steps in. Trying to get my next Fitbit badge of 20,000 steps in one day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'll check out that pullup program too (I really should explore the Scooby site beyond the calculator, it looks good).

Here's the one I'm (in theory) doing--I like the site also: https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/how-to-do-a-pull-up-everything-you-need-to-know/
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Hi lemurcat12, I just checked out the link you sent and it has some great info! Gotta love a girl who lifts!!!
    I like all the exercises prescribes but I didn't really see a program that describes in detail the training sets and rep ranges or training volume.
    Unfortunately in my case, deadlifts don't translate into strong pull-ups. My conservative max on Deadlifts is 225lb but when I started training for pull-ups by doing negatives I would fall off faster than a second.