I ate all of the food in NYC

garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
OK not really... but it feels like I did! I just got back from NY last night. I spent time with my family - these are people who need to have a feeding every two hours or so, and they are all foodies. This was the first vacation I took where I ate things that I normally don't eat, and it was definitely a learning experience. I learned that sugary foods do not agree with me after more than a couple of bites (except for dark chocolate which I guess isn't as sugary as a lot of things), I can eat high carb foods in small doses ( I had a quarter of a NY bagel, a quarter of a knish, and ALMOST one slice of NY pizza), most importantly, I learned not to beat myself up over a few food choices that are outside my "normal" plan, and that I could not go back to eating those things on a regular basis. I just don't like how I feel after eating like that for a few days. Now it's back to the old routine, and I am super happy with that. Well, almost back to normal - tomorrow I am going to Austin for a few days to visit friends, but fortunately they aren't the kind of people who feel the need to stop and eat every two hours!

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    You did well to eat what you could and realize what you can't! Just think of what it would have been like before!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    That sounds positively Normal! Glad you had a good trip and handled the food stuff so well!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    It is funny how when we get used to eating a certain way, eating "whatever, whenever" loses it's appeal pretty quickly when "tuned in" to how the bod does/does not like it! Hope you had a nice time. :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    the good thing about NYC is you can just walk while eating street food.