Calorie Goals

Options
kandell
kandell Posts: 473 Member
We're all at different start weights and have different goals for the month. But I'm curious as to what your daily calorie goals are.

I'm starting at 196 and hoping to drop 10 pounds this month. Right now I have my daily calorie goal at 1400 (I change it every now and then...). How about you?

Replies

• louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1370. And in the first week I've lost 2lbs. In the second week now so will see if it needs adjusting.
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5 pounds! If I do so, my BMI will be back to normal after a long time! Good luck everyone!
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I currently get 1720 per day, but I'm also a guy and weigh 261 lbs. I have mine set to lose 2 lbs. per week and I adjust it every time the scale goes down. I do not eat back the calories I earn when I exercise, although some people say you should.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Set at 1300 but right now I'm all over the place. I was trying an every other day diet for the last month or so but I don't think that was working. (to much binging on my high days).

Will be going back to the 1300 every day for this month.
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    im on 1200kcal a day, but thats only 400 below maintenance so i try and work out around 400 a day too. 3500kcal is a pound of weight so if the maths is right i should loose just under 2lb a week.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 a day, and I also do not eat back burned off calories. When I do, I don't lose ANY weight, so I try to stay between 1000 & 1200, and so far, it's working great. Lost 10.5 in March, so my April goal is to lose another 10 (at least).
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This week will be 1150 net calorie (were I do eat back my burned calories)
    That gives me around 1350-1450 calories to eat.
    I did it end of last year for 3 months, and I lost average of 0.75kg/week (1.65lb)
    eating back what I burn definitely works for me, even if only to motivate me to exercise o:)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1290 calories a day, but I have been struggling to hit 1100 a day. My goal this week is to actually hit 1200 calories a day because I feel like I am under eating. i am not trying to intentionally, but since I've been cutting out gluten & carbohydrates and jacking up my protein I haven't been hungry like I have been in the past.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1290 calories a day, but I have been struggling to hit 1100 a day. My goal this week is to actually hit 1200 calories a day because I feel like I am under eating. i am not trying to intentionally, but since I've been cutting out gluten & carbohydrates and jacking up my protein I haven't been hungry like I have been in the past.

I have had a few days where I wasn't even at 900. I love those days! That means I can have peanut butter on a slice of Ezekiel bread, AND a mini ice cream sandwich as desert. I don't hardly ever have desert, or candy, or soda... I've been pretty good about eating healthy since I really started trying to lose weight and get in shape in mid February. I don't worry too much about not hitting my 1200 calories, as long as I'm over 1000. I actually try to stay just a smidge under my 1200 (I don't want to go over and have a red negative up there! ) I have noticed that EVERY time I eat 1200 or slightly more, I don't lose any weight, but if I stay at 1100-1190, just that 10 little calories, makes all the difference to me.