Daily check-in

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    liacosc wrote: »
    Good morning!!!
    So I'm down the first 26 pounds and now I have hit a plateau! No matter what I do I can't break the 170 mark, I've been stuck here for over two months!
    I have another 20 to go until goal weight and I really need ideas, tips and tricks! I exercise 3-4 times a week and alternate between running, weight training and core work. Please someone help!!!!!

First off, 26 pounds is wonderful!! Quite an accomplishment. We are about the same weight with similar goals and I understand the plateau. I was there for most of February. It becomes harder/slower when you get closer to goal.

Have you started logging your food into MFP? Once you do that (and open your food diary) people will be able to better help you determine what's causing the stall. From what I have read on this site, it usually comes down to overestimating your calorie needs and underestimating what you are actually eating. Basically, it comes down to calories in, calories out (unless there's an underlying medical condition).
  • Taivanu
    Taivanu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Just got this app yesterday and joined this group. I'm really excited about the challenge. Feel right at home here. So many reaching for the same goal and all in one place. Good luck everyone! I can't seem to put my name on the spreadsheet:-(
  • liacosc
    liacosc Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello all,
    So I hit the gym today and weighed in, I was feeling really good because my clothes are really starting to fit different (in a good way).
    I was shocked and sad to see I had gained 6 pounds!!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello all,
    So I hit the gym today and weighed in, I was feeling really good because my clothes are really starting to fit different (in a good way).

Are you measuring on a regular basis? You can be losing inches while remaining the same weight and sometimes even gaining. Back in the days of better fitness I weighed at least 10 pounds heavier than my lowest weight, but I was a much smaller size due to the body composition. Hoping to get back to that again!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Sounds like your making some good changes. Don't let those scales throw you off!

• almondmilks
    almondmilks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmm~ Today I was very sore, and ate too many calories since I only had access to a vending machine for lunch. . . But I'm still optimistic that I'll do better tomorrow! :) I will have to work to balance work, school, and health.
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I didn't check in for yesterday but I started a yoga class which was so supportive

Additionally I am doing c25k w1d3 today and getting a fair bit of walking in (I think 80 or more minutes)

It's also the long weekend so happy happy to all
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my first check in.

I'm wanting to lose 15 lbs as my mini goal by the beginning of summer and a total of 20 lbs. So, this challenge is perfect for me!

Just started back up here on MFP. Exercised two days in a row to aerobics dvds and am feeling the soreness considerably today. Will have to take the day off and am bummed. Maybe a walk later on will replace a heavy workout and make me feel better.

My age is not my friend anymore. This time will be slower than in the past but I'm determined!
  • Shyler05
    Shyler05 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love the daily check in! I had ice cream but I fit it into my calories for the day :) Good luck everyone!
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found this website today. Love the idea of a July 4th challenge. My son is getting married on 5/2/15. Life has been hectic so only starting to commit to weight 1 month before the wedding.=(
  • SammyAdams1972
    SammyAdams1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only started MFP a few days ago and have already lost 3 pounds of the 28 I want to see the back of. DH and I are hiking Maccu Picchu this August so REALLY want to shift the extra baggage by then.
  • Tammys_journey
    Tammys_journey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The last 2 days have been horrible. This has been a really rough month I had an aunt to die at the beginning, a cousin to die last week and a uncle to die the 31st. I'm an emotional eater and I've been eating crap yesterday and today. I'm getting back on track tomorrow.
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have been back and forth on MFP for a few years now. I will be all for loosing weight for a week and then it just some how slips away. I have now been an active member with a streak of logging for 25 days! And lost 10 pounds so far! My mini goal was 30 by the time I'm 30 (20 more to go) so with this group I will hopefully get there.
  • iveronicagarcia37
    iveronicagarcia37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had a good weekend, despite the busy schedule. Weighed in today with almost 3 pounds lost in the first week (back at it!). I'll take it!
    Congratulations! !!!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The last 2 days have been horrible. This has been a really rough month I had an aunt to die at the beginning, a cousin to die last week and a uncle to die the 31st. I'm an emotional eater and I've been eating crap yesterday and today. I'm getting back on track tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughtS are with you.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm really committed to this challenge and have pre-planned my meals for today. I can stick to it with no wine at dinner, no stuffing, and no dessert (did allow for a Laura Secord chocolate egg!).
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was part of the drop 20 by easter challenge but only lost 4 pounds. I'm getting married August 1st and I want to lose at least 10 pounds by then. I already bought my wedding dress and my 1st dress fitting is June 18th, so I definitely want to lose 8 pounds by then. But I'm having such a hard time. I've never had such a hard time giving up sweets before. Even if I a portion size of cake or cookies, I end up having more come night time. I need help!
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first challenge and I'm super excited to see how it goes. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • meleissa
    meleissa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have to get my wedding dress fittings done by July and want to be close to me target weight by then! I want to be really successful in this challenge and will give my best!

Checking in for today. Had an okaying day. I love chocolates and had a little too many but am still within my calorie goal (just). I also squeezed in 2 T25 workouts and i am feeling good about it!
  • shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Been a good week overall. Went over my calories yesterday (blame it on the alcohol), but I was able to get a 90 minute walkin this morning to assauge my guilt lol.