weight loss advice

Options
I have a question for everyone. I have lost over 60 pounds since I graduated nursing school May 2012 by counting my calories. 34 pounds since June 2014. I stopped losing weight over the past few months so decided to start exercising. I do low impact cardio for about 20 mins a day along with 10 mins of pilates 5-6 days a week. I have been exercising for about a month. The first week I lost a couple of pounds but have not been able to lose any since. I eat about 1300 calories a day with 137g of carbs. I am about 6 foot 211 pounds. Any ideas on how I can lose more?

Replies

• GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have found reducing my (bad) carbs, and increasing my protein, veggies and water intake to be beneficial. I am not an expert. And it sounds like you're busting your butt as it is, so maybe analyzing your macros might help point out what foods could be preventing a loss?

Also, congrats on finishing nursing school, as well as the 60lbs. That's amazing, and you should be very proud!!
  • mcarter1015
    mcarter1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was going to say maybe upping your protein intake too. Also adding in some weights. Putting on muscle means you will burn more calories naturally throughout your day. Just note the scales may not be moved if you add muscle, but are dropping fat.
  • mnmoon10
    mnmoon10 Posts: 12
    Options
    Switch up your routines. Add in some intervals of high intensity running.. Do about 30 second intervals of a sprint or something similiar and then go back to low intensity. Add in some weigh training as well. Even if it is just walking lunges with 5 pound weights.. Always shake up your body routines. It makes a huge difference!
  • pbishop70
    pbishop70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You need to increase your protein and healthy fats along with strength/weight training! If you want to be tight and lean, you will not get that with cardio.