Please help- feel awful :(

Options
moominpoo
moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
So I am on Day 5 of 21 Day Fix (well Day 4 really as my first day was a bit of a practice run).

I had a crazy busy day cleaning the house as have family coming for Easter Sunday tomorrow, plus shopping, looking after baby, cooking, and hubby doing Sweet F.A !

I didn't manage to fit in my work out and to make matters even worse I over ate , AND ate chocolate as DH cracked open a bloody Easter egg after dinner.

I know I should just draw a line but I feel so awful about everything now- I am just miserable and feel like throwing in the towel. I will never get to my target weight if I can be this weak.

Sorry for the pointless , negative post. I just feel like crap. :'(

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    1) My whole first week of 21DF, I didn't use weights or anything. It was a practice run. I was still exercising. Remember, there are people out there, many many people out there, whose only exercise is walking from the couch to the bathroom to the kitchen and back to the couch. Or maybe they go from the house to the car and from the car to work. So practice or not, you did something and something is always better than nothing.

2) Chocolate is irresistible. I dare you to find ten people you know who can turn down chocolate. Drawing the line gets easier the more you've invested in doing well. But that doesn't mean you won't have indulgent days. I just indulged myself to the max today--from breakfast to dinner and everything in between. One day will not undo weeks of discipline. Put today behind you and tomorrow morning, when you are doing the exercises, just focus on that moment because that's the moment when you're doing something. (And remember, something is always better than nothing.)
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Two words: imperfect progress. DO NOT beat yourself up for this. I'm on day 17, and i totally fell off the wagon today food wise because my dad was over and brought amazing cheese and sausage. But I'm going to do my workout tonight and get back to it tomorrow.

Oh, and my day 7 was a total cheat because my girls from college and I went to dinner and a show and I got drunk. But despite that, I've lost 6 pounds in the first 16 days and my back back fat has never looked better.

KEEP GOING. None of us are perfect, but you will come out on top if overall you stay consistent. This isn't about 21 days. It's about being healthy long term, and being consistent over the long haul.
  • moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Aw thank you for replying so quickly- i feel like such a massive fail! Easter Weekend is dangerous!!

I am going to do two workouts tomorrow to make up for it & try not to dwell x
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hiccups happen. Don't let that stop you. Just pick up, dust off and move on!
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    moominpoo wrote: »
    So I am on Day 5 of 21 Day Fix (well Day 4 really as my first day was a bit of a practice run).

I had a crazy busy day cleaning the house as have family coming for Easter Sunday tomorrow, plus shopping, looking after baby, cooking, and hubby doing Sweet F.A !

I didn't manage to fit in my work out and to make matters even worse I over ate , AND ate chocolate as DH cracked open a bloody Easter egg after dinner.

I know I should just draw a line but I feel so awful about everything now- I am just miserable and feel like throwing in the towel. I will never get to my target weight if I can be this weak.

Sorry for the pointless , negative post. I just feel like crap. :'(

First of all don't get down on yourself. Just start. No excuses. And do the best you can. Forget yesterday. Today is a new day. Each day will make you a little stronger, and you will surprise yourself. But you must remove that self negative talk. You will do this. You can do this. You just do the best you can each day. :)